Windows 10: Google Chrome (currently version 88)

Discus and support Google Chrome (currently version 88) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pepanee, Feb 20, 2021.

1. pepanee Win User

Google Chrome (currently version 88)

Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome.

The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:
    Extensions Toolbar Menu (here's an image of it: https://cdn.tgdd.vn/hoi-dap/1177886/chrome4.jpg )

It is the most inconvenient and annoying option which is forced on, by default. It makes managing 3rd party extensions almost impossibly annoying to manage. There's no way to disable Extensions Toolbar Menu within Google Chrome.

Yet thank God I found a method to disable it through the Google Chrome shortcut within Windows.
    (look at the 2nd attached image below).
    This is the highlighted part which disables that terrible feature:
    --disable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu

...BUT there's still a slight inconvenience!!!
    (oh great) <- [sarcasm]

Here's the problem
    Suppose that I start up Google Chrome from a different method,
    such as:
    a) a website shortcut file (example.url)
    b) an app called Howard which opens Google Chrome and takes me to my email account
    c) etc.
    Suppose that I open Google Chrome in the above methods, then the annoying Extensions Toolbar Menu will load up with Google Chrome.

So I gave it some thought, then all of a sudden, randomly, my brain though up of a possible solution!! But you gotta help me out on this.
    If I can somehow implement the "--disable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" line into the Default Apps feature of Windows (refer to the 1st attached image). Is there a registry entry that can help me modify that?

Thanks!

:)

pepanee, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Google Chrome (currently version 88)

1. Google Chrome (currently version 88) - Similar Threads - Google Chrome currently

2. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  3. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome (currently version 88): Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome. The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:...
  4. Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome: hello so I don't have a Microsoft parent well I do but it isn't working because my parents don't use that anymore and I cant login into google chrome but I need it for school but it is saying I need permission and I don't know what to do because I don't actually have a...
  5. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome: I have Google Chrome as my internet connection. Why is Explorer or Bing interfering with my use of my computer and not letting me run in the compatibility mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/54516f70-65e2-49f6-a353-4e02b5f42c54
  6. Google Chrome

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Google Chrome: Can you download Google Chrome in Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/ca314897-9b67-457b-965e-8f866ec5c23f
  7. Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome: Every time I try to open google chrome, it says that I need to ask a family member by email through Microsoft family features, and it goes through, my mom accepts google through Microsoft family features, and then I open google and it asks again. [ATTACH]...
  8. Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome: Last October we announced our plans to remove support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. In this post we’re announcing a pre-removal phase in which we’ll introduce a gentler warning UI, and previewing the UI that we’ll use to block TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. Site...
  9. Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106: For months now I have stopped Google Chrome from phoning home with its SWReporter tool. This tool supposedly scans your system for "malware" or really anything that will "affect Google Chrome's operation". Well at least that is the explanation given by Google and besides it...
  10. Current Version of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Current Version of Google Chrome: Hi! I am running Google Chrome Stable version in windows 10...I just realized i haven't gotten any updates in quite some time...every time i hit the "about google chrome" section in the settings which triggers the checker to see if there is a new version, it says it is up to...