Windows 10: Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

Discus and support Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, May 10, 2019.

1. Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome

I had the same problem with the Home edition. Step 2 did work for me on Windows 10 Home. But since installing Windows 10 Pro the Solution 2 guide no longer works for me after Windows update.

Google Chrome doesn't work. Sometimes it works but there are occasions when I still see page cannot be displayed for a few seconds for all sites and then back to normal again after a few seconds. I know it is a Chrome problem because immediately when I launch Microsoft Edge websites are loading normally!

I don't know if this is normal. But in my Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Root\ProtectedRootsEven after I right click on the ProtectedRoots and click Enable Inheritance and then click to Enable Full Control for my account ownership. The next time I reopen Registry Editor and and then reopen again I see the Enable Full Control checkbox unmarked and Enable Inheritance is back to Disabled! Is this normal?I don't remember how it was before.

But Enable Full Control checkbox does not remain saved after applying. After I check permissions for ProtectedRoots the Full Control mark disappears. I'm wondering whether this is the reason for my Google Chrome causing problems sometimes? I tried both Google Chrome and Google Chrome Beta versions and I am experiencing the same problem once every few hours Google Chrome will stop loading pages for a few seconds. It is not my internet connection as router stats is showing that I'm connected and hasn't dropped out. Edge is working fine.

After a few seconds it normalizes back to normal. I'm having this problem last 1 week every single day at least once every few hours Google Chrome will stop loading pages for absolutely all websites for a few to several seconds. I tried uninstalling network drivers, reinstalling both old and new drivers but this same intermittent issue is continuing!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually my bad. The problem is different. It is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
    I was fooled and thought it was Err Timed Out. The google chrome problem is actually DNS Probe.... And it is happening to Google Chrome only. Launch Edge, no problems...

I don't know what is this random issue, it is really pissing me off right now whole week. I'm thinking about going back to Win 8.1 which I've had for 4 years and never witnessed this issue once.

But I still want to fix this as it is my only problem right now... Reinstalling Windows is a big hassle.

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, May 10, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. som_esh Win User
    dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

Hello Diana,

If you could not fix the issue, the steps I am mentioning will help you fix it. If you already fixed it, I hope it will help out other people who are facing similar error every day.

So the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is the DNS error faced by mostly Chrome users. You can fix it just by changing DNS server address in your active network connection.

1. Go to Network connection properties.

2. Select the option which is about IPv4 and then go to its properties.

3. Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 (preferred) and 8.8.4.4 (alternate).

It should be fixed now. If not, then I will suggest you try other solutions like Flush Cache, Reset Chrome etc. depending on your device whether it is Windows or Mac.

You can refer this article -
    How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

som_esh, May 10, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update!

1. Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN since latest Update! - Similar Threads - Google Chrome DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

2. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome: Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and close immediately afterwards.-Any Google Chrome browser already open will close and reopen with the previously open tabs...
  3. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome: Hi, this issue randomly occurs only one time each time I start up my PC 20-30mins after. -Command Prompt will flash on my screen for a split second and close immediately afterwards.-Any Google Chrome browser already open will close and reopen with the previously open tabs...
  4. CMD Opening/Closing and "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN: How do I fix the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Windows 10 using Google Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dnsprobefinishednxdomain/38873d04-1238-4c9c-95c5-e2183cd53959
  6. Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Chrome Browser for Microsoft Site

Error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Chrome Browser for Microsoft Site: Hello Microsoft, I need help some help today. I am trying to visit a page from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 But I am getting error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on Microsoft site. Is microsoft site down today? I do not want to...
  7. Google Chrome random "ERR_TIMED_OUT" since latest Windows 10 Update!

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome random "ERR_TIMED_OUT" since latest Windows 10 Update!: Okay so I have this problem with Google Chrome intermittently having page loading issues since the latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 5 days ago. I looked at this guide. How to fix 'ERR_TIMED_OUT' on Google Chrome I had the same problem with the...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update interferes with Google Chrome

Latest Windows 10 update interferes with Google Chrome: Hello! After I've updated Windows 10 (to a versión with Microsoft Edge in it) it seems that Chrome has stopped working. My connection to internet is fine and everything works fine, except this. Chrome isn't able to load any website, so, is there any solution to help work...
  9. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN: Hi, Good day. I`ve been having this issue for quite some time. I couldn't solve it. I even cleared cookies and histories. Nothing helps. I`m having this issue on most of the websites. For an example: This site can’t be reached entrprnr.co’s server IP address could not...
  10. Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows: Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows [img] [img] Information Stable Channel Version: 66.0.3359.139 Release Date: April 26, 2018 Full (offline) Download Page: Alternate (offline) Google Chrome installer (Windows) - Installer Help Release Notes: Google...