Windows 10: Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web

Discus and support Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the advantages of the web is that it allows developers to create any type of experience they can imagine, which has led to the rich diversity of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web

Source: Chromium Blog: Expanding user protections on the web

:)

Brink, Nov 8, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Google is on my Programs and Features but will not open on computer

Go to File Explorer. In Programs and Files(86), expand it, look for Google, Expand it, click on Google Chrome, expand it, look down the list to Chrome or Google Chrome that says it is an application and has the proper icon in front. Right click and
    see if you can pin to taskbar or send to desktop.

lacrumb, Nov 8, 2017
  3. PhiTran Win User
    Block websites does not work with Google Chrome.

Hi,

I set activity reporting "on", Web browsing "on", and also blocked some websites such as YouTube,.. But my child still can browse these websites, and the activity report comes out blank. He is using Google Chrome for web browsing. On the Web browsing control
    menu it said "Websites can only be blocked on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. To protect your child, block any other browsers appearing in
    Recent activity under Apps & games.", is that mean it can't block Google Chrome browser? How can I block these websites if he using Google Chrome browser? He need to use Google Chrome for his school works. If I block this Google
    Chrome App he won't be able to do his home work any more. Please help.

PhiTran, Nov 8, 2017
Thema:

Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web

1. Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Expanding

2. Google Chrome web notifications not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome web notifications not working.: After an update a few months ago, the notifications for websites, like Google Calendar and Gmail do not work unless the tab is open. They do have permission to send notifications. I have tried restarting my computer several times, updating my drivers and checking for system...
  3. Does windows defender's web protection work for google chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows defender's web protection work for google chrome?: Or is it just for microsoft edge? submitted by /u/killerofpain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfl3gi/does_windows_defenders_web_protection_work_for/
  4. Does windows defender have web protection for chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows defender have web protection for chrome?: I was using Malwarebytes real time protection and accidentally turned off "web protection". But since I was using MB windows defender real time protection was also disabled. Does that mean there was a brief moment where my web browsers was not protected by neither software?...
  5. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection for Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection for Google Chrome: Dear team, I have a question. Is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extension for Google Chrome legit? Here's the link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/microsoft-defender-browse/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcoml I couldn't find any confirmation on Microsoft...
  6. To add Google Chrome as blocked web brouser

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    To add Google Chrome as blocked web brouser: Kindly note that I have allowed my child to use Google Chrome by removing from Blocked application. Now, I am unable to add the same in blocked list. Kindly reply how to resolve the same....
  7. Protecting against resource-heavy ads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Protecting against resource-heavy ads in Google Chrome: Chrome is developed to be fast and responsive without harmful or annoying experiences. Recently, following the Better Ads Standards, we have taken steps to address ads that most people find unacceptable. Prior to that, we also launched a set of protections against abusive...
  8. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome: Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages). This move follows a plan we...
  9. Better password protections in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Better password protections in Google Chrome: Many of us have encountered malware, heard of data breaches, or even been a victim of phishing, where a site tries to scam you into entering your passwords and other sensitive information. With all this considered, data security has become a top concern for many people...
  10. Google Advanced Protection Program expands to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Advanced Protection Program expands to Google Chrome: The Advanced Protection Program is our strongest level of protection for the personal Google Accounts of anyone at risk of targeted attacks — like journalists, activists, politicians and business leaders. It offers an evolving list of security offerings to protect our users...