Windows 10: Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’

Discus and support Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’ in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the next Chrome update, Google is looking to streamline the URLs sharing experience with a new feature called “Sharing Hub”, which was recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 12, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’

In the next Chrome update, Google is looking to streamline the URLs sharing experience with a new feature called “Sharing Hub”, which was recently added to the Canary builds as per Chromium commits.

The feature, which is currently called “Desktop Sharing Hub”, brings new ways to share web pages. Unlike Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome has always lacked a proper share menu that leaves many frustrated. On Windows 10, users can use the operating system’s in-built Share UI to share Edge contents across different devices and apps.

Google Chrome for Windows 10 is now introducing a new sharing hub that will appear within the address bar when users click on the plus (+) icon. Like nearly every other work-in-progress feature, the new sharing hub is hidden behind a flag and it can be enabled if you follow these steps:

• Install Chrome Canary.
    • Visit Chrome://flags
    • Type “Desktop Sharing Hub”.
    • Select and enable “Desktop Sharing Hub in Omnibox”.
    • Relaunch the browser.

Once the flag is enabled and you’ve restarted Google Chrome, open any web page and click on the address bar. As soon as you tap on the address bar, you’ll be greeted with a new plus icon, which displays all sharing options in one column.

Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’ Chrome-Sharing-Hub.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot, you can tap on the “Copy link” to copy the URL and share it via emails and other apps. This is similar to what you’ve always done on mobile devices using Chrome or Edge’s share sheet. Meanwhile, there are three interesting options that you can also try.

The first is “QR Code,” which basically generates a QR code of the open tab so you can quickly share the current page’s URL to another mobile or tablet. The next option is
    “Save page as”.

Using the new “Save page” option, you can download full web pages for offline viewing.

This feature will save the basic HTML assets to render a page without the need for connecting to the site’s server. To save the page, you need to choose a folder and select either “Webpage, HTML only” or “Webpage, Complete.”

The second option will also attempt to save images and additional resource files.

The third option “Cast” will allow you to send the current tab or your entire Chrome window to the connected device.

In addition to its own sharing hub, Google is also exploring support for Windows 10’s share UI in Chrome.

The post Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’ appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, May 12, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 12, 2021
  4. Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’

1. Google Chrome for Windows is getting its own ‘Sharing Hub’ - Similar Threads - Google Chrome getting

2. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome keeps getting installed: Hi All,I have realized that Google Chrome is hiddenly installed on user-end computers without our permission. I would like to dive into this issue. How can we find out how that app/software is getting installed? Can I trace this at all? Thanks in advance....
  3. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome keeps getting installed: Hi All,I have realized that Google Chrome is hiddenly installed on user-end computers without our permission. I would like to dive into this issue. How can we find out how that app/software is getting installed? Can I trace this at all? Thanks in advance....
  4. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Google Chrome to get new features including Downloads hub on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome to get new features including Downloads hub on Windows: By default, Google Chrome download prompts or status appear within the downloads shelf at the bottom of the screen. On the other hand, Microsoft Edge downloads show up in the toolbar when you’re downloading something, and it’s also possible to pin the Downloads button or hub...
  6. Chrome to get its own screenshot tool, Google Lens support on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome to get its own screenshot tool, Google Lens support on Windows: Google has now started working on its own screenshot tool for Chrome browser on Windows, macOS, Linux and ChromeOS. In addition to the screenshot tool, Google also plans to offer support for Google Lens, allowing users to quickly reverse search images from the browser’s...
  7. Google Chrome’s tabs sharing feature to get better on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s tabs sharing feature to get better on Windows 10: If you’re a long-term Google Chrome user you may have come across the browser’s tabs sharing feature, which basically allows you to push things from Windows 10 to your phone and vice versa. A Chromium post suggests that Google is working on a new version of the tabs sharing...
  8. Google Hub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Hub: I have a Google Hub which I cannot now use as my router had to be changed due to fault, and now the Hub cannot access the new WiFI router code. How do I change the Router identity so that the Hub knows it....
  9. Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome closes itself and mouse wanders on its own: Recently, not sure exactly when, my mouse wireless has a tendency to run off and stay in the corner or the side of the screen. There seems to be a very faint circle where the cursor lands. Sometimes it blinks for a bit and then I can use it again. Sometimes it takes logging...
  10. Get Cortana to use Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Cortana to use Google Chrome: Hello! I've had this fixed before, simply by having Chrome as default browser, but now it doesn't really work and I don't know why. Tried putting Edge back as default then Chrome again, even used the control panel for it but with no luck. 69643