Windows 10: Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

Discus and support Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Got up this morning to check necessities on my computer but noticed something missing, it was Google Chrome and the Google icons on my desktop and task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SKstevens.72, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

Got up this morning to check necessities on my computer but noticed something missing, it was Google Chrome and the Google icons on my desktop and task bar.

Question: Because I opted not to use Microsoft Edge, Microsoft has not stopped me from using or accessing Chrome or Google?

I truly would like a straight answer about this.

Regards and thank you.

:)

SKstevens.72, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

Google Chrome

Google Chrome is missing from my App List in Settings?

GenevaAllen, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

1. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing... - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Google

2. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  3. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  4. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome: Recently my computer began rebooting everytime I open Google Chrome. I did a reset, and a fresh install of windows. Newest version of Chrome installed and uninstalled several times. Now I can use Chrome a bit on static pages of info, but as soon as I open something like...
  5. Google Chrome Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Icon: I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. My cursor wasn't visible and I was trying to see if that would fix the problem. When I reinstalled and opened google, the icon in the taskbar had a little user icon next to it when I reinstalled it. [ATTACH] It doesn't seem...
  6. Google Chrome icons.

Google Chrome icons.: I keep getting a google chrome icon with a grey head in it on my computer. I understand this icon is for multiple profiles (whatever that means). I want to get rid of it. Internet advice says go the wrench in the top right hand corner of your screen, but Windows 10 has no...
  7. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  8. google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  9. Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.: Hello, I am missing Google Chrome system notification icon. I already tried enabling in Chrome settings and I also tried turning it on Windows 10 Settings. No matter what I do I can't get the icon back. Thanks in advance....
  10. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675