Windows 10: Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

Discus and support Google Chrome High CPU Usage. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LostMC07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlz1t9/google_chrome_high_cpu_usage/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LostMC07, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

/u/LostMC07, Jul 5, 2020

2. How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Hi.

My PC runs slow.

When I click on Task Manager, I always see a High CPU usage from Windows Defender and Google Chrome.

Any suggestion to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Thanks

Francesco

francesckosky, Jul 5, 2020
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Hi , I am Dexter, an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

It's not recommended to turn off the Windows Defender although this will significantly reduce the CPU usage, so you'd better leave this alone.

To optimize the CPU usage of Chrome, I'll suggest you refer to this article:

https://windows10skill.com/google-chrome-high-c...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Dexter Lien, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

1. Google Chrome High CPU Usage. - Similar Threads - Google Chrome High

2. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  3. Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage: Not sure if this should be asked here or at Chrome forums. Sorry if it's the wrong place.Chrome application "software_reporter_tool.exe" is continuously consuming above 50% CPU. I've tried with no avail,1. Restarting Chrome and clearing cache2. Restarting windowsChrome is up...
  4. Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage: Not sure if this should be asked here or at Chrome forums. Sorry if it's the wrong place.Chrome application "software_reporter_tool.exe" is continuously consuming above 50% CPU. I've tried with no avail,1. Restarting Chrome and clearing cache2. Restarting windowsChrome is up...
  5. Chrome software reporter tool High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup

High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup: Every time after booting up windows 10, Chrome would start running automatically in the background only, no window opened up. Task manager would show a CPU usage of about 70% for Google Chrome and the fans of laptop started running at full speed. I tried disabling Chrome in...
  7. CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU% Very High Google Chrome Issue?: Old dell xps 15 9550 laptop i5-6300hq processor 32gb ram 1tb nvme ssd windows 10 pro I had mentioned a while back i upgraded this laptop with the new ssd and ram and it started to be faster. I use chrome and have tons of windows/tabs. Example imagine 6 tabs... but...
  8. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  9. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  10. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...