Windows 10: Google Chrome icon blank in Win 10 start menu

Discus and support Google Chrome icon blank in Win 10 start menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there. Every time Google Chrome updates, the icon of the program goes blank in Windows 10 start menu (see attached picture). I know how to fix it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Muyfa666, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Muyfa666 Win User

Google Chrome icon blank in Win 10 start menu

Hi there.

Every time Google Chrome updates, the icon of the program goes blank in Windows 10 start menu (see attached picture).

I know how to fix it temporary, but are there any permanent fix to this as the issue returns ever so often?

:)

Muyfa666, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 30, 2019
  3. wendell Win User
    Start Menu and Blank icons. Literally.

I can't open the start menu and I don't know why. The only thing I can do to it is right-click, nothing else. I cannot left-click it or even use the windows button. Also, there are two of my apps - Store and Microsoft Edge - have a blank icon. I can't open them nor unpin them to the taskbar. Please help. *Sad

Google Chrome icon blank in Win 10 start menu [​IMG]

If you look at the taskbar the blank icons are between media player and google chrome.

wendell, Jul 30, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Google Chrome icon blank in Win 10 start menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Chrome icon blank in Win 10 start menu - Similar Threads - Google Chrome icon

2. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  3. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  4. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  5. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Google Chrome Icon Disappearing from start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Icon Disappearing from start menu.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/geax5ovi6ui61.png?width=642&format=png&auto=webp&s=38c31514f33248e8bf005d9f62fe782464ec4e70 The Google Chrome icon keeps disappearing from my Start menu. The app has an icon in program files folder, in the taskbar and also in the start...
  7. Win 10 Start Menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Start Menu icons: Where can i find the path of the file explorer icon that is displayed in the windows start menu? I already extracted every icon possible with programs like iconsext but had no luck. This is the only one i couldn't find, at least that i am aware of. I hope someone can...
  8. Blank Application Icons In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Application Icons In Start Menu: My apps in the start menu currently have no icons on them as seen in photo Also my Settings shortcut in Start does also not work[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-application-icons-in-start-menu/12fcece1-2494-4826-9acc-75e1e9245108
  9. Start Menu and Blank icons. Literally.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Blank icons. Literally.: I can't open the start menu and I don't know why. The only thing I can do to it is right-click, nothing else. I cannot left-click it or even use the windows button. Also, there are two of my apps - Store and Microsoft Edge - have a blank icon. I can't open them nor unpin them...
  10. Blank Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Start Menu Icons: Since my upgrade from windows 7, all my start menu icons are blank. I've tried deleting the icon cache.db file, doesn't help. [img] 17233

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Google Chrome icons are screwed