Windows 10: Google Chrome icon keeps moving

Discus and support Google Chrome icon keeps moving in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My google chrome icon keeps moving to the same place every time after getting a second monitor, any ideas how to fix this? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NathanPotter340, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Google Chrome icon keeps moving

My google chrome icon keeps moving to the same place every time after getting a second monitor, any ideas how to fix this?

submitted by /u/NathanPotter340
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NathanPotter340, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Feb 8, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Google Chrome icon keeps moving

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Google Chrome icon keeps moving ;)

qubit, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Google Chrome icon keeps moving

1. Google Chrome icon keeps moving - Similar Threads - Google Chrome icon

2. Logitech Capture and Google Chrome icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Capture and Google Chrome icons keep disappearing: Hi, mildly irritating issue that both these keep randomly 'disappearing' and get replaced with a generic icon white square with a blue square inside - just wondered if there was a quick way to ensure that the correct icons always show?...
  3. Logitech Capture and Google Chrome icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Capture and Google Chrome icons keep disappearing: Hi, mildly irritating issue that both these keep randomly 'disappearing' and get replaced with a generic icon white square with a blue square inside - just wondered if there was a quick way to ensure that the correct icons always show?...
  4. my google Chrome icon is transparent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my google Chrome icon is transparent: I opened google Chrome to use it but then when I checked my desktop after that my google Chrome icon was transparent, why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-google-chrome-icon-is-transparent/b813738c-0808-4bb5-97a8-57251d07067c
  5. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...: Got up this morning to check necessities on my computer but noticed something missing, it was Google Chrome and the Google icons on my desktop and task bar. Question: Because I opted not to use Microsoft Edge, Microsoft has not stopped me from using or accessing Chrome or...
  6. Google Chrome Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Icon: I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. My cursor wasn't visible and I was trying to see if that would fix the problem. When I reinstalled and opened google, the icon in the taskbar had a little user icon next to it when I reinstalled it. [ATTACH] It doesn't seem...
  7. Desktop icons open in Google Chrome

Desktop icons open in Google Chrome: Desk top icons open/shortcuts go to Google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-open-in-google-chrome/623c3d54-bd7f-489e-9e69-a3c07466eeb4
  8. Moving Google Chrome bookmarks to a thumb drive.

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Google Chrome bookmarks to a thumb drive.: I have a crashed Windows 10 HDD that is connected as a slave on a good working PC. I want to transfer my Chrome Bookmarks from my bad HDD to a thumb drive. Thank you in advance for your help. 131252
  9. Google Chrome icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome icons.: I keep getting a google chrome icon with a grey head in it on my computer. I understand this icon is for multiple profiles (whatever that means). I want to get rid of it. Internet advice says go the wrench in the top right hand corner of your screen, but Windows 10 has no...
  10. Icons keep moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons keep moving: I don't think anything. Place your icons where you want them and then do what you normally do. My expectations is that your machine will run normally, then in the afternoon, tomorrow, your machine will run out of power. Windows will protect itself and hibernate based on...