Windows 10: Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

Discus and support Google chrome immediately crashes when launched. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bananade, May 1, 2021.

1. Bananade Win User

Google chrome immediately crashes when launched.

Hello, my google chrome instantly crashes when i double-click on it.When i launch it from a different window user on the same computer, it works.Im on windows 10.When i spam click on it, it works after a dozen of clicks and starts a single tab, then it crashes whenever it wants.Here's what i've tried : -Completely uninstalling and re-installing twice.-sfc /scannow -reset default chrome settings-uninstall chrome extensions-launch it with administrator's rightsCan you help please?

:)

Bananade, May 1, 2021

2. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 1, 2021
  3. Google Chrome crashes immediately

I just got my HP laptop back from the HP support (there was a hardware issue). One of the first things I tried to do was reinstall chrome as it is necessary for college work. However, when I launch chrome it flashes a small black window and closes immediately.
    I have seen a solution that is deleting the google folder in appdata, but that folder does not exist in my appdata at all.

NathanTaake, May 1, 2021
  4. WilliamDz Win User

Google Chrome crashes immediately

Howdy, Nathan. Chrome user data resides in %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data. Often the case when Chrome crashes on launch is to go into that folder and delete all files and folders within it (with care to backup the bookmark file). This is often
    the result of extensions.

However, in your case, since you just installed Chrome but it is failing to launch, the user data folder has not had a chance to build, which explains why it is likely non-existent.

To troubleshoot why Chrome is crashing, try the following first:

Open the Windows Event Viewer > go to Windows Logs > Application.

Look for any error that correspond to the time that the application crashed. Feel free to post them in image format or copy-paste text into a reply.

Additionally, if the Events are benign or non-existent, then you can enable what are known as user-mode dumps. This will dump the running instance of a crashing program into a dump file which can then be examined by a Windows debug program. To enable user-mode
    dumps, you will need to modify the registry and restart the computer and reproduce the issue. See this guide on how to set this up (applies to Windows 10 as well):

https://windowsexplored.com/2010/08/11/enable-p...

You can then post one of these dumps and I can take a look at it.

WilliamDz, May 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Google chrome immediately crashes when launched. - Similar Threads - Google chrome immediately

2. google chrome crashes immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome crashes immediately: I have a new laptop and tried to install google chrome. After the install when I try to launch chrome, a window flashes and then immediately closes. Any way to fix this? I tried uninstalling chrome, then reinstalling,, then also restarted my computer and it's still not...
  3. google chrome crashes immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome crashes immediately: I have a new laptop and tried to install google chrome. After the install when I try to launch chrome, a window flashes and then immediately closes. Any way to fix this? I tried uninstalling chrome, then reinstalling,, then also restarted my computer and it's still not...
  4. google chrome crashes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  6. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  7. Google Chrome crashes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome crashes immediately: I just got my HP laptop back from the HP support there was a hardware issue. One of the first things I tried to do was reinstall chrome as it is necessary for college work. However, when I launch chrome it flashes a small black window and closes immediately. I have seen a...
  8. Google Chrome will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome will not launch: Yesterday all was fine. This morning I clicked, as usual, on my Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop. It would not work. I tried the icon on the launch bar. Won't work. I checked and there was a Windows 10 update last night. I googled on my other pc and saw a couple of...
  9. Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my Google Chrome immediately closed after launching,: I’m on windows insider build 2004, after opening chrome it immediately closes, I can’t uninstall it, and I event tried installing it again. It also happens to update in ge force experience. submitted by /u/tarnut [link] [comments]...
  10. Google Chrome not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome not launching: I cannot launch Chrome from my Surface Pro/Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, but it says it's already open which it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-launching/60ef656b-8b87-4017-a472-0a5375c345c0