Windows 10: Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration

Discus and support Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google is rolling out two new features that will allow you to visit browser pages directly from the address bar and easily navigate between open tabs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 28, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration

Google is rolling out two new features that will allow you to visit browser pages directly from the address bar and easily navigate between open tabs.

The company is testing a new feature called ‘Tab Search’ that will allow you to easily locate your open tabs. In addition, there are plans to improve Chrome’s integration with antivirus software on Windows 10.

Google is also working on a new actionable address bar to help you open browser settings by typing keywords.

As the name suggests, the ‘actionable address bar’ will allow users to perform specific browser actions. For example, you can type ‘Clear browsing data’ or ‘Edit passwords’ to clear your browsing data (cache, cookies, history, etc) and manage your saved passwords respectively.

The actionable address bar is currently rolling out to Chrome 87 on Windows and other platforms, but you can turn it on manually by following these steps:

• Open Chrome://flags menu.
    • Search for “Omnibox suggestion button row” and “Omnibox Pedal Suggestions”.
    • Enable the flags and relaunch the browser.

The new actionable address bar might also come to Microsoft Edge in near future, at least via the experimental flags menu.

As we mentioned above, Google is also working on a new Tab Search feature for Chrome browser. This will allow you to search for open tabs directly from the browser’s window, as shown in the screenshot below.

Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration Chrome-Tab-Search.jpg

Once enabled, it will add a search field to the tab row and you’ll gain access to a search box. The search box can be easily accessed using your mouse or using a keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + E.

Chrome to get better antivirus integration

For Windows 10, Google is working on a new feature that will allow Chrome to function smoothly when your third-party antivirus software is configured to scan local storage.

In a commit, Google noted that Windows 10 antivirus programs and other scanners may briefly lock new files. This approach can lead to frequent problems when you’re saving bookmarks and other files using Chrome.

A new Chrome attempts to deal with this by retrying the racy ReplaceFile step a few times.

“This is only done on Windows because that is hoped to be the only place where it happens,” Google said.

As we reported last week, Google is also experimenting with a new feature that will reduce memory usage on Windows 10 by allocating resources correctly.

The post Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration

1. Google Chrome is getting tab search and improved antivirus integration - Similar Threads - Google Chrome getting

2. Google chrome \ books search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome \ books search: Hello Perhaps I ask Google experts about this questions but I don't know the way or the method to how contact them Anyway, if someone can answer my question here, I will be gratified ---The last days when I go Google and search about any item related to language, the book...
  3. Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge to get tab search, Windows 10 Search integration: Microsoft Edge’s tab search feature, which has been under development for a long time, is finally making some progress. Apparently, Edge’s new feature is now one step closer to the official launch and it looks like Windows 10 Search integration has also made progress....
  4. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  5. New "Search Tabs" icon on Google Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    New "Search Tabs" icon on Google Chrome?: Today I have a New "Search Tabs" icon (hover over), on my Google Chrome Tab Bar?- I clicked on it, and it just Minimized my browser? There is nothing new in Extensions. My AV did a clean scan, and their Forum was no help? Google Search found nothing? The icon is the little...
  6. Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements: Chromium-based web browsers – Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome – can now run smoothly on Windows 10 when antivirus tools are activated, thanks to a new Chromium update. According to Google engineer Bruce Dawson, certain browser functions may not work properly when your...
  7. Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS: What’s changing We’re launching new features for the Google Drive mobile apps that will help you search more quickly and efficiently. Now, Android and iOS users with the latest versions of the Drive app will be able to: See and re-run recent...
  8. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...
  9. Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users: We strive to ensure choice and transparency for all Chrome users as they browse the web. Part of this choice is the ability to use the hundreds of thousands of extensions available in the Chrome Web Store to customize the browsing experience in useful and...
  10. Google Chrome Search settings ?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Search settings ?: Hello & Thanks, Google Chrome Search: 1) when I click on link , computer 1 opens up a new Tab. 2) when I click on link , computer 2 opens link on same Tab. Pls, how can I get 2 to open New Tab ? Where is that setting ? Thanks 83930