Windows 10: Google Chrome is not working and Firefox is very slow, yet somehow Edge works prefectly fine.

Discus and support Google Chrome is not working and Firefox is very slow, yet somehow Edge works prefectly fine. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just "upgraded" to Windows 10. I am having nothing but problems trying to use Google Chrome and Firefox. I do not like the Edge browser at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesH13, Dec 29, 2018.

1. JamesH13 Win User

Google Chrome is not working and Firefox is very slow, yet somehow Edge works prefectly fine.

I just "upgraded" to Windows 10. I am having nothing but problems trying to use Google Chrome and Firefox. I do not like the Edge browser at all. I've been using Chrome for a very long time. Chrome will no longer display web pages. So I figured I would try Firefox, it works but is very slow. The funny part is that Edge works perfectly fine. What on earth is Microsoft doing to block the other browsers? I will most likely resort back to installing Windows 8.1. Not happy at all with my switch to Windows 10. Shame on Microsoft for doing this. Hell I may even resort to switching to Ubuntu Linux and give up on Microsoft all together. I found a site that listed 5 different things to try in order to get Chrome working again and none of them worked. I've tried changing the compatibility to Windows 8 and even that didn't work.

:)

JamesH13, Dec 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Dec 29, 2018
  3. google chrome got no internet connection but edge works fine

google chrome got no internet connection but edge works fine after update

SilentKiller2, Dec 29, 2018
  4. jlr_605 Win User

Google Chrome is not working and Firefox is very slow, yet somehow Edge works prefectly fine.

Google pages display gibberish in Chrome and Firefox

All google pages display only gibberish in Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10. Edge and Internet Explorer work fine.

jlr_605, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Chrome is not working and Firefox is very slow, yet somehow Edge works prefectly fine. - Similar Threads - Google Chrome working

2. Save as PDF not working in Edge but is working in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save as PDF not working in Edge but is working in Google Chrome: Have encountered an issue saving documents downloaded from a website to PDF in Edge. Read several articles about this with purported solutions to this issue dating back to 2021 and none of those solutions have worked. Tried to accomplish this task in Google Chrome and was...
  3. Save as PDF not working in Edge but is working in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save as PDF not working in Edge but is working in Google Chrome: Have encountered an issue saving documents downloaded from a website to PDF in Edge. Read several articles about this with purported solutions to this issue dating back to 2021 and none of those solutions have worked. Tried to accomplish this task in Google Chrome and was...
  4. Save as PDF not working in Edge but is working in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  6. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  7. Firefox slow and Google slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox slow and Google slow: Why does Microsoft IE and Edge work fine; however, these other browsers are slow. I read a complaint about this same issue from 2018 and other years. Apparently you are the culprit! You are the cause of the slowdown. I hope this can't be remedied. This is...
  8. Google Chrome Very Slow Start

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Very Slow Start: Hi and sorry for my English I installed Google Chrome and I have as in Windows 10 as my default browser before had Firefox ... The problem is that when I start Chrome it takes about 1 minute or more to load. Once started it does not give me problems of slowness, it's just the...
  9. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...
  10. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome not working but edge is

2. google chrome not working but edge is

3. chrome slow edge works fine

4. google chrome slow but microsoft edge fine,
  5. internet slow through firefox not through edge,
  6. chrome is not working but edge is 2019,
  7. chrome is slow but edge working fine,
  8. chrome internet slow but edge is working,
  9. Chrome and Firefox not working,
  10. firefox and chrome not working but edge is,
  11. edge works fine chrome and fire fox does not work,