Windows 10: Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

Discus and support Google Chrome is not your default browser problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nightdrop, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Nightdrop Win User

Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it says that Google Chrome is NOT the default browser and no matter how many times I click on the button to tell Google Chrome to make it the default browser, it just pops up the Windows 10 window that shows me that according to Windows 10, it IS the default browser. *Confused I have run a Repair Install Windows 10 With an In-place Upgrade hoping it would solve the problem, but it did not, and I have combed the Internet for a solution but have not found one, which brings me to this forum.

:)

Nightdrop, Feb 24, 2016
  2. ethanpapi Win User

How do I make Chrome ny default browser?

hi, HELP,,,.,PLEASE

chrome browser,

I Keep Getting GOOGLE CHROME ISN'T YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER,

SO I TRIED TO MAKE IT MY DEFAULT, AND GET THE SAME ,

GOOGLE CHROME ISN'T YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW DO I GET

GOOGLE CHROME FOR MY DEFAULT BROWSER,

THANK YOU

ENRIQUE

Moved from Community Participation Center

Original title: chrome browes

ethanpapi, Feb 24, 2016
  3. How do I make Chrome ny default browser?

Hi Enrique,

To make Google Chrome as your default browser, follow these steps:

1. Open Google Chrome

2. Click the menu icon on the browser toolbar. It is found on the upper right part of the browser.

3. Select Settings.

4. Under Default Browser, click Make Google Chrome the default browser.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ariane End, Feb 24, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Uninstall your Chrome, then go to Google and download the latest release, re-install, during install it will have the Make Chrome your default browser already check marked. This should fix your problem. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Nightdrop Win User
    That solved the problem. Thank you so much!

Actually, hold the fort! Problem returned with a File System Error 1073731819. I returned to original solution but browser would fix, then the original problem would return, and when I tried to tell Chrome to change back to use itself as the default browser, this error message would pop up. Turns out, and it seems completely unrelated (as the explanation for the error msg says it would seem) the error message has to do with a sound setting for your sound scheme. It has you reset your sound scheme back to the windows default, which I did, and without doing anything else, my browser default returned to Google Chrome. *Sleepy Go figure! But whatever works. *cake

Nightdrop, Feb 24, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Glad it worked for you!! *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem - Similar Threads - Google Chrome default

2. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  3. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  5. Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.: I have Google Chrome set as my Default Browser. However, if I goto Control Panel => Security and Maintenance => Change Security and Maintenance Settings, and click the How does Security and Maintenance check for problems? link, Microsoft Edge opens. Has it got ANYTHING to do...
  6. Can't set Google Chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set Google Chrome as default browser: Like the title says, I can't set Chrome as my browser. When I go to default apps, Chrome doesn't appear as an option under the browser category. It's also not in the Microsoft app store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still nothing. I've seen threads on this issue with...
  7. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  9. How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop "Google Chrome is not your default browser" message: Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I receive message "Google Chrome is not your default browser" every time I open Google Chrome. I select "Don't show this message again", but still get the message Same situation when I start Chrome in Incognito mode How can I...
  10. Chrome default browser problem & not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome default browser problem & not updating: I've had this problem ever since I installed Windows 10 many months ago. Chrome is set as the default browser. If I open it and pin it to the task bar, after a while it'll start opening a new instance of Chrome (it takes up an additional slot on the task bar as shown below)....