Windows 10: Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM soon

Discus and support Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The tech world is changing at a rapid pace and the evolution from desktop computing to mobile computing has changed the way we work. To embrace Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 21, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM soon

The tech world is changing at a rapid pace and the evolution from desktop computing to mobile computing has changed the way we work. To embrace Windows OS into this change, Microsoft has taken an ambitious project of ‘Always Connected PCs’ which is Windows 10 on ARM processors.

The traditional Windows OS is based on the x86 platform but the ARM system on chip (SoC) is different. This is why Microsoft introduced an emulator which emulates x86 based parts of OS and applications to the ARM on Always Connected PCs. This emulation does not always go very well. As a result, the performance of 1st generation Windows 10 ARM devices was not so great.

The main drawback is the number of apps that natively support ARM. There are apps in the Microsoft store which supports ARM but there are many popular titles which do not support ARM64 natively.

The emulator can run x86 based software but the interface is slow and buggy which results poor user experience.

Google Chrome does not support any of Microsoft’s modern projects and there are no Google apps in Microsoft store. The browser is not available on Windows 10 ARM but this is going to change as the big rival tech giants are reportedly working together to allow Chrome to run natively on Always Connected ARM PCs.

Recently Qualcomm confirmed that Google is bringing Chrome browser to Windows 10 on ARM. The latest report today detailed a Chromium commit which shows that Microsoft and Google are working together to make this a reality.

Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM soon Chrome-ARM64.jpg

The launch date of Chrome for Windows 10 ARM is not available yet but it could be a big win for Microsoft as they are targeting light PC users with Always Connected PCs and there are many PC users who prefer Google Chrome over other browsers.

It’s important to note that Google won’t be able to publish Chrome in the Microsoft Store as the Windows 10’s marketplace does not allow third-party browser engines.

Microsoft is already working with Qualcomm to improve the performance of Always Connected PCs and it may soon work as good as traditional desktops. According to rumours, Qualcomm is working on next-gen Snapdragon processors for Windows 10 and it could be announced later this year.

The post Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM soon - Similar Threads - Google Chrome reportedly

2. Bing keeps coming up in google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing keeps coming up in google chrome: So I’ve recently got a new laptop and updated to windows 11. I use it on my school account for Microsoft 365. For the past few days, every time I go to make a search in google chrome on all 3 of my windows devices it redirects my results to Bing or yahoo. I’ve restored...
  3. Bing keeps coming up in google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing keeps coming up in google chrome: So I’ve recently got a new laptop and updated to windows 11. I use it on my school account for Microsoft 365. For the past few days, every time I go to make a search in google chrome on all 3 of my windows devices it redirects my results to Bing or yahoo. I’ve restored...
  4. Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will soon get faster on Windows, Linux and macOS: Last year Google introduced support for “back-forward cache” on Android, which enables instantaneous page loading when users navigate using backward or forward button. As per a new document spotted by us, Google Chrome 92 update will also enable default support for...
  5. Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon: One of the most anticipated Google Chrome feature is the dark theme integration. By the looks of things, Google appears to be working on dark theme treatment for its Chrome browser on the desktop platform and macOS could be the first operating system to get access to Chrome’s...
  6. Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM next year

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome is reportedly coming to Windows 10 on ARM next year: Both Microsoft and Qualcomm are working together on Windows 10 ARM project to bring the desktop operating system to new form factors with a strong focus on battery life. The Always Connected PCs initiative has impressed the consumers with better battery and always-on internet...
  7. Qualcomm working on Google Chrome for Windows 10 Arm

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm working on Google Chrome for Windows 10 Arm: Microsoft has pushed people to use the Edge browser on Snapdragon-powered Windows 10 Arm laptops, as third-party options like Google Chrome suffer from slowdown on the new hardware. These performance woes are mainly due to the fact that the Snapdragon 835 laptops have to...
  8. Report: You’ll be soon able to login into Windows 10 using your Google account

in Windows 10 News
    Report: You’ll be soon able to login into Windows 10 using your Google account: Google might be making fun of Windows in its latest Chromebook ads but the search engine giant is working on several new features for Chrome on Windows 10. Google Chrome recently received native notification support on Windows 10 and today a new finding suggests that the...
  9. Report suggests Google Pixelbook might soon run Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Report suggests Google Pixelbook might soon run Windows 10: Google has always ignored Microsoft’s app store, and as well the Windows 10 operating system, despite the fact that the platform is being used on more than 700 million active devices. But if a new report is believed to be true, Google Pixelbook might soon run Windows 10...
  10. Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?

in Browsers and Email
    Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?: Wondering if anyone knows how to stop Google Chrome from automatically downloading Software Reporter Tool? I'm aware its purpose is to scan the integrity of the Chrome installation for browser errors/malware etc. and that it conforms to Google's Privacy Policy. However,...