Windows 10: Google chrome is seriously misbehaving

Discus and support Google chrome is seriously misbehaving in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Chrome has started misbehaving again.... 1. Google chrome randomly minimizes my games to the desktop only to tell me that google chrome doesnt know... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cerawy, May 19, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Google chrome is seriously misbehaving

Chrome has started misbehaving again....

1. Google chrome randomly minimizes my games to the desktop only to tell me that google chrome doesnt know how to update itself. This is incredibly annoying.

2. Google chrome switches from maximized to windowed mode randomly, and then I have to click two times on maximize to maximize it again. I have to do this maybe 10-20 times on a daily basis.

3. Google chrome is randomly redirecting me to various websites, even if I did not click on them.

4. Google chrome always starts in windowed mode so I have to click to click maximize everytime I want to browse the internet.

5. Google chrome is creating a duplicate icon of itself on windows taskbar everytime I launch it.

:)

Cerawy, May 19, 2017
  2. cngtaylor Win User

Printing only highlighted selection Windows10 Edge

Exactly! I've also been using Google Chrome ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 OVER A YEAR ago. It's much better than Internet Explorer and TONS better than Microsoft Edge. So, I guess, thank you Microsoft for introducing me to Google Chrome!

Seriously, if anyone is still looking for the "solution" on this issue with Microsoft Edge - the "solution" is just install Google Chrome and make Chrome your default browser.

cngtaylor, May 19, 2017
  3. HOW DO I RESET WINDOW POSITION ON WINDOWS 10...GOOGLE SEARCH WINDOW HAS SLIPPED OFF THE SCREEN TO RIGHT?

Really, Gil? There's an issue with the WINDOWS X and Y position of Chrome, but you're going to tell him to contact Google to fix that? How does Google control where Windows places their application interfaces?

Seriously, this is why people hate Microsoft Tech Support. Because you NEVER fully understand a situation.

shotsfired, May 19, 2017
  4. Golden Win User

Thats not Chrome's problem, it's probably some low-level adware issue. Perform some scans using your preferred anti-malware.adware software and see what it comes up with.

Golden, May 19, 2017
  5. Cerawy Win User
    I have already ran super anti spyware several times...

Cerawy, May 23, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    torre, May 24, 2017
  7. Cerawy Win User
    I just ran adwcleaner... it found 84 threats and crashed several times... but it deleted the threats and my pc has gotten a lot faster... but it didnt solve any of the problems...

Cerawy, May 24, 2017
  8. torre Win User

Try resetting or reinstalling chrome.

torre, May 24, 2017
  9. This one may or may not help, but it shouldn't cause any problems either way. Try deleting your DNS Cache. I use CCLeaner for that, or from an Admin Command Prompt type in the command ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter.

Wiley Coyote, May 24, 2017
  10. Cerawy Win User
    I cleaned with CCleaner with ccenhancer as well as clearing the dns cache and it didnt solve anything, but reinstalling chrome seems to have solved problem 4 and 5.

Cerawy, May 24, 2017
  11. Cerawy Win User
    Im going to keep adwcleaner because it seems like a good program, but I would still like to solve 1 2 and 3.

Cerawy, May 28, 2017
  12. torre Win User
    3 seems like the most serious. You may consider making a separate post in the Antivirus Forum.

torre, May 28, 2017
  13. Cerawy Win User

I just tested this with my laptop with a fresh install of windows and got the same results. This is definitely not a virus problem.

Cerawy, Jun 24, 2017
  14. Helmut Win User
    The fact you have 84 items in AdwCleaner means you are downloading a load of rubbish, you should see about that first.
    3. indicates some Malware as well.

Yes, you will need to install Chrome again, use some Anti-malware applications like those suggested, but that alone is not enough.
    We don't know what dubious applications and downloads you are doing, but for sure it's you that is going to have to see about that.

Helmut, Jun 25, 2017
  15. Cerawy Win User
    I already ran adwcleaner and the only item left that it finds is slimdrivers, which is a program that i am using on purpose. I also reinstalled chrome and it solved some of the problems. I also tested this on a fresh install of windows and the problems are the same. I should problably add that problem 3 only appears after minimizing a game from fullscreen to the desktop.

Cerawy, Jun 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Google chrome is seriously misbehaving - Similar Threads - Google chrome seriously

2. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  3. Google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome: I can’t install chrome. I keep getting this message “this app cant open theres a problem with this app reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your adminstrator”. Help please and thank you....
  4. Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome: hello so I don't have a Microsoft parent well I do but it isn't working because my parents don't use that anymore and I cant login into google chrome but I need it for school but it is saying I need permission and I don't know what to do because I don't actually have a...
  5. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome: I have Google Chrome as my internet connection. Why is Explorer or Bing interfering with my use of my computer and not letting me run in the compatibility mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/54516f70-65e2-49f6-a353-4e02b5f42c54
  6. Google Chrome

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Google Chrome: Can you download Google Chrome in Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/ca314897-9b67-457b-965e-8f866ec5c23f
  7. Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome: Every time I try to open google chrome, it says that I need to ask a family member by email through Microsoft family features, and it goes through, my mom accepts google through Microsoft family features, and then I open google and it asks again. [ATTACH]...
  8. Google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google chrome: Suddenly I can`t open google chrome. The icon is there, but nothing happens. How can I fix that? I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/ae0a1343-38c1-4593-85ba-b979efc49e39
  9. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome: Has anyone been able to install Google Chrome? If so where did you get it?? 123054
  10. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome: How do I reinstall Google Chrome on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/9934c24a-2486-4f9c-b560-0a3bd9ad5e86