Windows 10: Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON!

Discus and support Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a weird issue with google chrome and It's over a year now with no solve. my google chrome browser keeps freezing after a short time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mohamed Ghazy, May 27, 2019.

1. Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON!

Hello, I have a weird issue with google chrome and It's over a year now with no solve.
    my google chrome browser keeps freezing after a short time opening. maybe from one to three minutes and It freezes (Not responding), the weird thing I have noticed that, this happens only when Wi-Fi is on! means, when I activate flight mode and open chrome it acts well with no issues, if connected to internet via Wi-Fi it lasts a couple minutes before freezing. the second weird thing, this happens with chrome ONLY, Firefox is well, Edge is well. it's over a year now and I tried all expected solution, Reinstall, Update, Clear.. ETC. and still not solved. so I hope to find a solution.

:)

mohamed Ghazy, May 27, 2019

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, May 27, 2019
  3. Mary_2047 Win User
    Google Chrome keep freezing

I am running windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron laptop. I have been doing so for quite some time and using Google Chrome as my browser with no problems whatsoever. Recently, however, Google Chrome has been freezing. Then I have to press control+alt+delete
    and bring up my task manager to shut google down. I have McAfee antivirus plus software and Malwarebytes installed on my computer. When I restart my computer, I see a brief message that GDI+ window is preventing the computer from shutting down. Then my
    computer will shut down, and restart, and I can use my Google Chrome browser for a short time again before it re-freezes. Any suggestions as to how to solve my problem will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mary_2047, May 27, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON!

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON!

1. Google Chrome keeps freezing ONLY with Wi-Fi ON! - Similar Threads - Google Chrome keeps

2. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting.: My wifi keeps disconnecting whenever I am playing any online games. Upon restarting the PC the wifi driver vanishes as if it was never installed and there is no option to connect to wifi. Restarting the wifi router also didn't help. What could be the issue and how do i fix...
  3. Wi-Fi keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps breaking.: My Wi-Fi on my computer has been really unstable recently and has been connecting for a few minutes and then the Wi-Fi drops to where it cannot connect to the internet anymore before then reconnecting and doing the same thing again. This has been happening for 2 years now...
  4. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have an ASUS Vivobook Flip 14, the Wi-Fi keeps on disconnecting. My drivers are all updated and having read some solutions to others having solutions I also tried them yet the problem persists. The device is on maximum performance, I have checked power management...
  5. Google Chrome Freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Freezing: When I am navigating google maps If I walk away and come back sometimes Chrome is froze. I have to close chrome and reopen. Also YouTube videos if I pause the video and come back after screen goes off I have my monitor go off after 3 minutes. But it does not matter how long...
  6. Wi-Fi freezes for sometime

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi freezes for sometime: Hello, I have a problem, that wi-fi freezes for like 5-8 seconds. But this don't happens on linux at all. I have wireless module RTL8822CE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-freezes-for-sometime/7d1284d9-dd87-42a4-a722-cc909f97df7e
  7. Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping

Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping: My wi-fi regularly drops completely. It will show full bars yet I cannot connect. No other device on the network is affected. I think it's the wi-fi module that came with my PC. Sometimes I have to restart my PC to fix the issue but other times that doesn't work. The wi-fi...
  8. Wi-Fi keep connection

Wi-Fi keep connection: Wi-Fi keep connection with the some wireless I try make forget and reset network and format ( by USB ) the laptop but it keep saved password of that wireless and connection . so how i do delete forever ? ( windows 10 home single language 64-bit )...
  9. Popups and freezing - Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Popups and freezing - Google Chrome: I use Google Chrome web browser and recently I have been having a couple of problems: 1. It has taken to freezing when I close a tab (not every time and always a different tab) 2. I now see ads like the attached appearing periodically in a separate popup window. [img]...
  10. Wi-Fi keeps breaking.

Wi-Fi keeps breaking.: I've had this problem for about a month, and every time I fix it in a new way, it keeps coming back a few days later. I've restarted my modem, restarted my computer and updated my drivers. Sometimes one of these ways fixes the problem, sometimes it doesn't. And when it does...