Windows 10: Google chrome keeps making laptop restart

Discus and support Google chrome keeps making laptop restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So whenever i try to open google chrome my laptop restarts and it shows the blue screen with the sad face and i even tried reinstalling it but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chetuni Laneesha, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Google chrome keeps making laptop restart

So whenever i try to open google chrome my laptop restarts and it shows the blue screen with the sad face and i even tried reinstalling it but still didnt work please give me a solution to this.

:)

Chetuni Laneesha, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 26, 2020
  3. zaichi Win User
    no audio in google chrome

hi,

im new to this forum so sorry if i make any mistake.

my sound from google chrom just aint working. i have tried these steps

• resetting chrome
    • reinstalling chrome
    • reinstalling drivers
    • restarting my machine
    • checked if it was not muted
    • checked with a youtube video if the sound bar in the mixed moved it did
    • other sounds works fine like discord and edge etc etc etc

im now clue less what to do. asked some friends and they dont know either.

i got the lastest updates for my headset razer chroma kraker 7.1 and google chrome. windows is up2date.

kind regards

zaichi, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google chrome keeps making laptop restart

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Google chrome keeps making laptop restart

1. Google chrome keeps making laptop restart - Similar Threads - Google chrome keeps

2. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome keeps getting installed: Hi All,I have realized that Google Chrome is hiddenly installed on user-end computers without our permission. I would like to dive into this issue. How can we find out how that app/software is getting installed? Can I trace this at all? Thanks in advance....
  3. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome keeps getting installed: Hi All,I have realized that Google Chrome is hiddenly installed on user-end computers without our permission. I would like to dive into this issue. How can we find out how that app/software is getting installed? Can I trace this at all? Thanks in advance....
  4. Google Chrome keeps getting installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Files keep opening in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files keep opening in Google Chrome: Okay, so I need help because I want to open a file on my FTP server. However when I open a text document on my FTP server it launches Google Chrome instead of Notepad. This is a little bit annoying when I try to open files that are directly on the server. Any suggestions...
  6. Google Chrome icon keeps moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome icon keeps moving: My google chrome icon keeps moving to the same place every time after getting a second monitor, any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/NathanPotter340 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfbiet/google_chrome_icon_keeps_moving/
  7. Google Chrome keeps crashing on start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome keeps crashing on start: I finished my pc build today and installed chrome. It was working well and all but then it crashed for some reason. I tried to reopen it but again it crashed on start. I then deleted all files and things related to Chrome and Uninstalled it. Then after I reinstalled jt, it...
  8. How to make Google Chrome my browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Google Chrome my browser: Operating Windows 10. How do I get rid of "ASK" and make Google Chrome my main browser please? Thank you. RonB88 157876
  9. How to make Google Chrome automatically run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Google Chrome automatically run: I set that Google Chrome starts running at the particular time while my computer is in the sleep mode. It works fine but my display doesn’t turn on when Chrome starts running. So I need to touch the Touchpad. Can I adjust settings or something else so that Google Chrome...
  10. Google Chrome keeps becoming Default Browser when computer restarts

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome keeps becoming Default Browser when computer restarts: Every time I restart my computer, Google Chrome is defaulted, and not Firefox. I always set Firefox as the default. Is there a condition that changes this all the time? 99280