Windows 10: google chrome locked after being removed from family

Discus and support google chrome locked after being removed from family in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A week ago, google chrome was blocked by a window that ask for family permission. So my father removed me from the family and two days later chrome is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarsonPalmer, Mar 29, 2020.

1. google chrome locked after being removed from family

A week ago, google chrome was blocked by a window that ask for family permission. So my father removed me from the family and two days later chrome is still blocked by this ask for permission window. I do not know what to do at this point. I even made myself the administrator. Firefox is affected to. It happened the moment I signed into Microsoft word. I have no idea what to do and it is incredibly frustrating. Any advice helps

:)

CarsonPalmer, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 29, 2020
  4. SKH123 Win User

google chrome locked after being removed from family

Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

google chrome locked after being removed from family

1. google chrome locked after being removed from family - Similar Threads - google chrome locked

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. Microsoft Family Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Google Chrome: I downloaded Google Chrome and then made a new Google account so it is obviously not part of Microsoft Family, but would parents be able to still see the web history?...
  5. Microsoft Family Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Google Chrome: I downloaded Google Chrome and then made a new Google account so it is obviously not part of Microsoft Family, but would parents be able to still see the web history?...
  6. Child locked out of Chrome, but removing from family settings hasn't helped

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child locked out of Chrome, but removing from family settings hasn't helped: My daughter's computer was set up with Microsoft Family Settings but we didn't restrict time or access to Chrome. Today she was unable to open Microsoft Chrome she's been using it for years because of family settings. It told her to contact an adult. I looked at the...
  7. Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family: Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a...
  8. microsft family access and google chrome

microsft family access and google chrome: can i turn off microsoft family access? i removed family members but it still wont let google chrome launch, its asking for permission from adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsft-family-access-and-google-chrome/6c620a99-a0bb-4754-ad47-9c275a08cd13
  9. remove google chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove google chrome: remove chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-google-chrome/86cefee1-d340-445c-9c1c-507b5afee04e"
  10. Google Chrome and family features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome and family features.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...