Windows 10: Google Chrome needs parental control but I am an adult

Discus and support Google Chrome needs parental control but I am an adult in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to use google chrome and firefox on my computer, but when I try to open them, it tells me to ask my parent for permission just these... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Slashscreen, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Google Chrome needs parental control but I am an adult

I'm trying to use google chrome and firefox on my computer, but when I try to open them, it tells me to ask my parent for permission just these browsers. I have already:

-Uninstalled and reinstalled both, even going so far as to wipe away the files they left behind for reinstallation

-Checked if the same issue happens on a different local account it doesn't

-Verified that my age is correct and 18+ in the account settings It was, but for good measure, I changed my birth year to 1991. It did not help.

-Made sure my dad removed me from his Microsoft family He did, I saw it with my own eyes

When I hit ask by email in the vain hope that perhaps this time it will actually send an email to my address so I can give myself permission like a child signing up for his 5th club penguin account, I got this error:

Something went wrong

We’re working on it – try again in a little bit.

Trace ID: 4UH+qjuOckag3re3.3.1

Microsoft support told me to just use the local account. This is a workstation and I do several things that cannot easily just be uprooted and moved to a local account, not to mention that I need my Microsoft account integration.

What can I do from here? Is there some file somewhere I can delete to give me free reign? Can someone manually update some database somewhere to say that I can use chrome? I need chrome to run some chrome-specific speech recognition software. And yes, I tried installing Chromium, but the same thing happens.

:)

Slashscreen, Apr 21, 2021

2. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive error while asking permission from adult for accessing Google Chrome. I would like to know the exact error message/code you receive.

However, since you have mentioned that you are using a child account, the work around would be to converting the child account to a local user account and try using Chrome. Kindly follow the steps to convert the child account to local account.

1. Go to Settings > Account >
      Your info.
    2. Now click on Sign in to a
      local account instead.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are an adult and still using a child account refer the article
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
    for more information.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues when using Google Chrome on your PC as it keeps asking for permission from parent.

Ideally, you get this error if you were previously added into Family Group as a Child account and then Google Chrome was restricted from being used.

Let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if that helps in fixing the issue.

Method 1:

Try re-installing Google Chrome on your PC. Refer the below articles to re-install Google Chrome on your PC.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and then login with the same Microsoft Account and see if you face the same issue. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to convert Microsoft Account to Local Account.

1. Press Windows + S to open Search
    2. Now type Your account info
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you move to a local account create a new user account and sign in with your Microsoft Account and then see if you receive the same error. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

In addition, you can also try providing the parental consent for your Account and see if that helps. Refer the section
    How do I provide consent for a child account? and sub-section
    I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?
    from the article

Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Shiela_V Win User

Google Chrome needs parental control but I am an adult

Parental access blocking Google Chrome and Mozilla but I'm an adult?

Hi Beyta,

It is possible that there might be some files for settings that has parental control left in the PC.

To fix this, you need to delete any corrupted files, and re-download your settings from the Family Safety website. Here’s how:

• Make sure you are signed out of any monitored accounts.
    • Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.
    There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

Open the file explorer, type
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    on the top bar and press Enter.

If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:

• Open file explorer, from the left pane, left click on
      This PC
    • Open drive C
    • Open the ProgramData folder, open the
      Microsoft
      folder, open the Windows folder, and open the
      Parental Controls folder.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Note: that it’s possible for the files to become corrupted again. If you experience more problems with Family Safety time limits and PC activity reporting, just follow these
    steps again.

Additional information

click on this
    Link

Shiela_V, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Google Chrome needs parental control but I am an adult

1. Google Chrome needs parental control but I am an adult - Similar Threads - Google Chrome needs

2. hi i need to delete parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i need to delete parental controls: hi i need to delete parental controls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-need-to-delete-parental-controls/eb3d02b6-654f-4f83-8fa2-0c174ed09054
  3. hi i need to delete parental controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi i need to delete parental controls: hi i need to delete parental controls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-need-to-delete-parental-controls/eb3d02b6-654f-4f83-8fa2-0c174ed09054
  4. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls But Im an adult: I have had this account since I was in middle school and I am now an adult, 22 to be exact and yet I still have to ask for permission to do anything with my account. My birthday and birth year are correct so why is this not updating to give me full access to my account?...
  5. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental Controls But Im an adult: I have had this account since I was in middle school and I am now an adult, 22 to be exact and yet I still have to ask for permission to do anything with my account. My birthday and birth year are correct so why is this not updating to give me full access to my account?...
  6. Parental Controls But Im an adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Parental permission for Google Chrome

Parental permission for Google Chrome: I have a microsoft account with 2 children in my family. They need Google Chrome to access their school work. I allowed one account to download Chrome with no issues. I have allowed the other to download it as well, SEVERAL times, but when they go to open the program, it says...
  8. Adult Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adult Parental Controls: Ok so I know how to setup parental controls for my children. But, how do I setup content filters for my administrator acct? I get tired of getting to see ALL of smutty stuff. Thanks in advance. :...
  9. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval: I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-asking-for-adminadult-approval/2fa73af7-843c-49eb-816d-bd92f90e3cee"
  10. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access: When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child account, plz fix...