Windows 10: Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

Discus and support Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 25, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10 Add-person-100x100.png
    Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10 Add-person-150x114.png It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it doesn’t save passwords. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry, it’s common – and we have the solution for [...]

This post Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Hello Dennis18_Se,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a Local account in sign in to that account?
    2. May I know if your computer is connected to a Domain (organization) network?
    3. Are you able to access websites using other web browsers?

Google Chrome will save login usernames and passwords and will automatically complete the sign-in fields for you the next time you visit the websites. It’s a good security measure added by Chrome.

If you do not want Chrome to ask for your Windows login password when you access, you can either remove the Windows user login password from your account or disable the password manager re-authentication feature in Chrome. To disable the password
    manager re-authentication follow the below method:

• Open Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
    • You get a list of features available, scroll down to see flag labeled
      Disable Password Manager Re-authentication.
    • Click on the Enable link below its feature description to enable the feature.
    • Click on the button labeled Relaunch Now to restart chrome with new settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

Google Chrome-Microsoft authentication API

Strange problem.

Scenario 1:

• PC 1 - Win 10 - Logged in with my windows account.
    • try to check google chrome saved password.
    • popup windows for Win credentials does not show the logged user.
    • provided the correct credentials but I get the message "user name or password is incorrect"

Scenario 2:

• PC 2 - Win 10 - Logged in with my windows account.
    • try to check google chrome saved password.
    • popup windows for Win credentials show the logged user.
    • provided the correct credentials I get the information required (google saved password)

Thanks in advance

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

StefanoParini, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

1. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Google Chrome saving

2. Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.: and please don't tell me to use chrome://flags because DISABLE PASSWORD MANANGER RE-AUTHENTICATION IS NOT one of the flag options, it is not THERE!! AND please do not give me Pamela Crane's answer "Then I disabled the password and now Google does not require me to put one...
  3. Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.: It is 100% the same topic and the same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-ask-for-windows-10-password-to-view/4a79577b-1f92-42e3-95f1-b1b5bac0da6e The problem is though: #1 Google or the Google members don't respond to Google...
  4. Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.: Hi All, Has anyone had this issue? Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. I uninstalled Chrome on my PC then installed it again and have the same issue. My other computers do not have this issue. I'm starting to believe that this is...
  5. Passwords in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Passwords in Google Chrome: Hello, Making preparations for a new computer, like exporting my bookmarks, how can I export my passwords to transfer them into a new computer to come. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106140
  6. Password Manager in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Password Manager in Google Chrome: Hello, Chrome browser stores my passwords in the "Password manager". However, some sites ask me annually or half-annually to change the password. But it is not replaced in the "Password Manager", it keeps the old password, and when I try to open that site, the old password...
  7. Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows By default in Offer to save passwords. When turned on, Google Chrome can remember your passwords for different sites....
  8. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome: How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site....
  9. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if...
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account...