Windows 10: Google Chrome not working even though im not in a microsoft family

Discus and support Google Chrome not working even though im not in a microsoft family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So i left my Microsoft family months ago and other browsers than edge still ask for parents permission. Does anyone have a fix for this?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kodez123, May 1, 2020.

1. Kodez123 Win User

Google Chrome not working even though im not in a microsoft family

So i left my Microsoft family months ago and other browsers than edge still ask for parents permission. Does anyone have a fix for this?

:)

Kodez123, May 1, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, May 1, 2020
  3. zaichi Win User
    no audio in google chrome

hi,

im new to this forum so sorry if i make any mistake.

my sound from google chrom just aint working. i have tried these steps

• resetting chrome
    • reinstalling chrome
    • reinstalling drivers
    • restarting my machine
    • checked if it was not muted
    • checked with a youtube video if the sound bar in the mixed moved it did
    • other sounds works fine like discord and edge etc etc etc

im now clue less what to do. asked some friends and they dont know either.

i got the lastest updates for my headset razer chroma kraker 7.1 and google chrome. windows is up2date.

kind regards

zaichi, May 1, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Google Chrome not working even though im not in a microsoft family - Similar Threads - Google Chrome working

2. Windows 10 Default Apps List Showing Google Chrome Even Though Chrome Was Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Default Apps List Showing Google Chrome Even Though Chrome Was Uninstalled: Hi Microsoft Support,We have a Windows 10 Home PC that still lists Google Chrome under the Default Apps list, despite uninstalling Chrome and restarting the PC.Is there a way to remove Chrome from the default apps list for web browsers?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thank...
  3. Microsoft Family Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Google Chrome: I downloaded Google Chrome and then made a new Google account so it is obviously not part of Microsoft Family, but would parents be able to still see the web history?...
  4. Microsoft Family Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Google Chrome: I downloaded Google Chrome and then made a new Google account so it is obviously not part of Microsoft Family, but would parents be able to still see the web history?...
  5. My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.: Hello, Microsoft i cant unlock the google chrome family is maded by my phone and in my pc i get locked.Some times it unlocks somehow.Can you help me Microsoft?...
  6. Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked

Microsoft family not blocking chrome even when chrome is blocked: I have tried to lock down my son's windows environment with Microsoft Family. I have blocked Chrome along with almost all the other apps. The only allowed browser is edge with only whitelisted sites allowed. This worked. However, recently I have caught him playing games...
  7. Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome: Here's some background: Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go as a family. A few years later I try to change my Microsoft account email to a new one which just has a few numbers at the...
  8. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  9. Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family

Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family: I just got a new laptop, and I loved it. Or at first at least. I'm a big fan of Google Chrome, but unfortunately, I can't use it. I downloaded Google Chrome, but when I tried to open it, it brought up a Microsoft family page. It said I needed to ask an adult for permission....
  10. Google Chrome and family features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome and family features.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove microsoft family permission

2. google chrome ask for permission

3. google chrome asks for parent permission

4. why does a kid need permission to add chrome,
  5. windows ask for permission for chrome