Windows 10: Google Chrome not working

Discus and support Google Chrome not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I was trying to download sheet music for piano and the website tried to install things on my pc. I believe one of them was called "Brave" and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by whatever9000, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Google Chrome not working

Recently I was trying to download sheet music for piano and the website tried to install things on my pc. I believe one of them was called "Brave" and there were a few more but I can't remember the names. Anyways, I thought I took care of them but now (maybe 3 hours after) whenever I try to use google it doesn't work. I have to restart my computer and then it might work 30-40 minutes before I have to restart it. Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

:)

whatever9000, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Google Chrome not working

Google chrome not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message displayed on the screen?

I would recommend that you uninstall Chrome and try again and make sure you are downloading Google Chrome from trusted website.

To uninstall google chrome follow the steps below:

• Press Win + X and open Control panel
    • Go to program and click program and feature.
      • Uninstall chrome

Hope this helps.

Please post back to us if you have any questions. We will be glad to provide you with the additional options.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome not working

1. Google Chrome not working - Similar Threads - Google Chrome working

2. Google chrome microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome microphone not working: My windows test mic works perfectly fine, but anytime I go on google chrome or any other browser and use their web microphone it does not work, it seems to work when I actually have the app installed. I have audio interface that I use PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. Google Chrome is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome is not working: Two days ago MSN stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-working/eabbfdf0-e0da-4aa8-95c1-c5dfe3463380
  4. Google Chrome is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome is not working: Two days ago MSN stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-working/eabbfdf0-e0da-4aa8-95c1-c5dfe3463380
  5. Google chrome not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google chrome not working: I bought a brand new windows laptop yesterday, because i need it to take an exam. Bing works fine and quickly, but i needed to download google chrome specifically for the exam. When it downloaded it was extremely slow sometimes it didn’t even load at all and eventually I...
  6. Google Chrome Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Not Working: I have had this issue for a while now and, I'm starting to get really fed up. On my computer with Windows 10 Pro, my google chrome doesn't open or work. When it does decide to work and open it closes again in less than a minute. I have tried everything from re-installing...
  7. Google Chrome is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome is not working: Google Chrome has crashed on my PC. I just see ‘Aw, snap!’ Something went wrong while displaying this website.’ Error code. STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-working/3e93800e-4005-4ad7-bfe8-ae8f7474ec9a
  8. Google Chrome isnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome isnt working: My computer won't let me use google chrome. I used to work but know One Drive keeps saying that I don't have Access permissions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-isnt-working/b4184212-dc69-44ff-91a5-17ed58bc8fcd
  9. google chrome not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome not working properly: Hi I am using windows 10 Home 64 bit version. I have installed google chrome to surf the internet but chrome is unable to open webpages and connect to internet properly. However I have no problem surfing the internet while using edge. Can anyone guide me about the solution to...
  10. google chrome not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome not working: Chrome will not load, can not reach settings, looks like a small window opens but its too fast to see what it is, get the Snap, unresponsive reply on a blank screen. Have uninstalled and re-installed Chrome twice, ran compatibility scan multiple times....