Windows 10: Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop

Discus and support Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using the latest builds of both Google Chrome and Windows 10 - both updated within the past week or so. Ever since, Chrome notifications -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eddiemarshall, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop

I'm using the latest builds of both Google Chrome and Windows 10 - both updated within the past week or so. Ever since, Chrome notifications - specifically, Checker Plus for Gmail and Google Hangouts - will work for a short time every day when I turn on my desktop via the Windows 10 notifications banner. But then the notifications stop working, usually within 15 minutes or so.

These were working just fine a week or so ago. Both respective apps still indicate there are new messages, but the pop-up banner for Windows 10 notifications doesn't work for anything Chrome-related. The couple of other notifications, tied to system programs, seem to still work okay.

I have no idea if the problem is with Chrome or Windows ... or maybe it's a combination of the two. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/eddiemarshall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eddiemarshall, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop

1. Google Chrome notifications for Windows 10 work for short time and then stop - Similar Threads - Google Chrome notifications

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  4. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Virus Notifications on Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Notifications on Google Chrome: I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications. The notifications contained misspellings, and clearly seemed like a scam, trying to gain information about me. I disabled the...
  6. Google Chrome web notifications not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome web notifications not working.: After an update a few months ago, the notifications for websites, like Google Calendar and Gmail do not work unless the tab is open. They do have permission to send notifications. I have tried restarting my computer several times, updating my drivers and checking for system...
  7. google chrome not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome not work in windows 10: google chrome not work in windows 10 .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-work-in-windows-10/662ede3e-5420-433a-a949-50de5dea4db1
  8. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome not working on Windows 10: I recently just built my pc. Installed Windows 10. It came with both internet explorer and Google Chrome. It's more convenient to use Google Chrome, but with this new PC, it just won't work. It will be a huge inconvenience to use internet explorer, as my job requires Chrome...
  9. Stop chrome notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Stop chrome notifications: Is there a way to stop chrome notifications appear in windows notif tray? i want it back to chrome browser. so the notif from chrome appear in browser it self instead of windows notif tray 119146
  10. Stop chrome notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop chrome notifications: Is there a way to stop chrome notifications appear in windows notif tray? i want it back to chrome browser. so the notif from chrome appear in browser it self instead of windows notif tray 119146