Windows 10: Google Chrome on taskbar not showing incognito or recent tabs?

Discus and support Google Chrome on taskbar not showing incognito or recent tabs? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Right clicking Google Chrome on my taskbar in Windows 10 isn't showing up with any options such as Incognito mode or my recent/common tabs. I recently... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SlimyTentacles, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Google Chrome on taskbar not showing incognito or recent tabs?

Right clicking Google Chrome on my taskbar in Windows 10 isn't showing up with any options such as Incognito mode or my recent/common tabs. I recently refreshed my PC after having issues with Windows 10, before refreshing right clicking chrome only gave me incognito, no recent tabs section. I lived with it since it didn't bother me too much but now that I've refreshed it's gotten worse by giving me less options. Right clicking chrome on my taskbar now only shows: Google Chrome, unpin, and close window. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Image of what I'm talking about:

Google Chrome on taskbar not showing incognito or recent tabs? [​IMG]

:)

SlimyTentacles, Sep 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 Chrome in All Apps and on Taskbar not showing incognito task

RMB = Right Mouse Button aka (also known as) right-click

I know I can open an incognito window after I start Chrome. I do it by selecting the 3 bar menu and selecting 'new incognito window' rather than Ctrl-Shift-N. *But* I do not want an 'ordinary' Google Chrome session as well as an incognito session. I just
    want an incognito session.

What I want to do on my Win 10 Home 32 bit machines is the same as I can do on my Win 10 Pro 64 bit machines. That is, when hovering over Google Chrome in All Programs list, or hovering over the Google Chrome icon in the taskbar, click right mouse button
    and select 'new incognito window' from the displayed tasks. In Win 10 Home 32 bit the task to open a new incognito window is missing.

Ron

Ron Hewett, Sep 14, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    SSD Functions Strangely - 100% hang, read/write ever few seconds, spikes to 30% | Caused by Windows?

The driver version appears to be a recent version and glad to see the freezing has resolved.

If the spiking only occurs when Chrome open it may be a buggy Chrome add-on.

Can you open Chrome in Incognito Mode, which disables add-ons, and see if the same issue exists.

To open Chrome in Incognito Mode right-click an existing Chrome shortcut > New incognito window.

auggy, Sep 14, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Google Chrome on taskbar not showing incognito or recent tabs?

I had to login to Chrome again (via the Incognito tab in the upper right ...) even though I already was - clear as mud ?

rfruth, Sep 14, 2015
  5. Doesn't relate to my issue, sadly.

SlimyTentacles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome on taskbar not showing incognito or recent tabs?

1. Google Chrome on taskbar not showing incognito or recent tabs? - Similar Threads - Google Chrome taskbar

2. google chrome 2 on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome 2 on taskbar?: google chrome 2 on taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-2-on-taskbar/4fa85406-7f59-4aae-89e7-48febf27c70f
  3. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  4. google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome tab not showing when alt+tabbed in fullscreen mode: hi, i'm not sure if this is a chrome issue or an OS issue, but when i alt+tab while chrome is in fullscreen mode, the chrome window does not show up as one of the windows to tab to. i remember in the past it did, and suddenly it didnt anymore i have attached a picture of...
  5. Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July: Chrome’s Incognito Mode is based on the principle that you should have the choice to browse the web privately. At the end of July, Chrome will remedy a loophole that has allowed sites to detect people who are browsing in Incognito Mode. This will affect some publishers who...
  6. Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome: How to: Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome How to Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome When you open a new tab Ctrl+N in Google Chrome, you will see shortcuts of websites you visit often by default under the search box. When...
  7. Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and bookmarks...
  8. Does Google Chrome have full security in Incognito Window?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Google Chrome have full security in Incognito Window?: Hey guys, Does Google Chrome have full security in Incognito Window? Does it mean it have different ip or something ? Regards. 112935
  9. Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can...
  10. Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome icognito taskbar not working

2. incognito option not in start menu google chrome

3. google chrome new incognito task

4. google chrome brousing in private,
  5. google chrome taskbar incognito,
  6. lost incognito option on taskbar chrome,
  7. incognito task not shown in taskbar,
  8. google chrome right click tasks menu not appearing,
  9. chrome right click incognito and new window not appearing,
  10. right click chrome incognito not working,
  11. right clicking google on task bar,