Windows 10: Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin

Discus and support Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since I updated to win 10... There is an icon that looks like a shield with bluenand yellow squares on chrome icon... Any idea how to fix thi? It's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by paascal, Oct 1, 2015.

1. paascal Win User

Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin

Since I updated to win 10... There is an icon that looks like a shield with bluenand yellow squares on chrome icon... Any idea how to fix thi? It's annoying

Thanks

:)

paascal, Oct 1, 2015

2. GOOGLE CHROME NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS TEN TEN NOT 8 BUT TEN

Google chrome wont seem to work on windows 10 and I cant seem to do anything besides run as admin which is VERY ANNOYING Microsoft ALL OF MY FRIENDS and I love google chrome and are waiting for it to work with anything other than
    run as admin! WHAT GIVES

Comet Strikes, Oct 1, 2015
  3. aj_reject Win User
    Google Chrome won't run?

For the past week and a half, Google Chrome has not been running on my computer. Whenever I open the app, it opens up to my browser of choice (ecosia), then presents in the corner that google chrome did not shut down correctly. Before I can even try and
    press the restore button, the program closes itself down. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, change my settings, run a compatibility scan, but nothing seems to change it. I own anHP Pavilion x360 m3
    Convertible, running
    Windows 10, version 1709. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this issue? I really rely on google chrome for most of my work.

aj_reject, Oct 1, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

have you tried to uninstall chrome, then reinstall??

OldMike65, Oct 1, 2015
  5. paascal Win User
    Yes many times *Smile. This morning again hoping something might have been updated

paascal, Oct 1, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    I run chrome and my icon is fine.....strange that yours shows different, I have UAC off on my computer, maybe yours is on.

OldMike65, Oct 1, 2015
  7. Did you delete all the chrome folders in your x86 or program folders and application data and appp data sub folders if not
    before re inastalling Chrome ?

( Maybe ) try that and or deletening any references to chrome in the registry just a shot in the dark .

Somwething must hacve screwed up something in the UAC/sharing permissions relating to Chrome .

FWIW disabling UAC can invite instabilities in general sometimes I dont think I would go there myself .

Normal settiing for UAC slider is in the middle and *make sure* you download Chrome from Google not a maleware geyser like softpedia or downloads .com

blutos cousin, Oct 1, 2015
  8. OldMike65 Win User

He would need a 3rd party app for that. Like Glary's Utilites to remove the registry entries, CCleaner won't get them all. Both are free thou.

OldMike65, Oct 1, 2015
  9. use regedit edit find and find next that should get them and the sub keys if you use it right.

I've cleaned some nasty malware for some folks and junk I didn't want from unistalls like that .

10. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes I've used it too, but takes a lot of time, a GOOD 3rd party reg cleaner can do it in a few sec's. Either way works I guess.

OldMike65, Oct 1, 2015
  11. Usualy not more than 5 - 10 min max in my exprience ,usually less and I can see whats going on even if I dont know what everything is .

OTOH sometimes CCleaner free works fine ( good starting point as reg cleaners go ) if you dont want to do a manual edit and use the slegehammer appoach ☻☻.

In my experience a lot of the other 3rd party reg cleaners are dodgy and can screw things up in a big way but like you say a good reg cleaner is fast.

Glary might be good like you say and stronger than CCleaner it has a good rep. I've used it to recover deleted files it's hit and miss there depending if the've been overwritten or damaged or not which is understandable .

CCleaner (free) has otherwise been safe in my experience . I use it now and then when I'm being lazy after some uninstalls it seems to be OK for the most part but sometimes I go in and do a manual edit for leftovers of a particular software
    after an uninstall (or other junk ) after using CCleaner and I find stuff sometimes maybe Glary is better but they can all be risky as can an edit if you dont back up the reg .

I have Chrome on 3 Windows 10 RTM upgraded PC's here and on 10547 no problems .

12. OldMike65 Win User
    Well Your right about reg cleaners. I do use 3 different ones, also use regedit too if I feel like using it. My programs (3rd party) are registered. If I like a program, I end up buying it. *Smile Now after a period of years doing this, I have a lot of registered apps. Glarys thou is one of the few I have not bought, only because he wants money after you buy it, EVERY year. Don't care for that can of registration from a programmer. But its a good piece of software.
    I also run Chrome on my 3 computers. Its my 2nd browser, still have IE 11 as my default. 2 computers run 10 Pro, 1 runs 7 pro.
    No hurry to upgrade my win 7 pro yet.....after Microsoft release our fixpack next month then I will most likely, install 10 pro on my last computer.

OldMike65, Oct 1, 2015
  13. Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin

Agreed I still have 7 x64 pro on the mission critical workstation PC here waiting to see what shakes out down the road stability and compatability wise and service pack (or whatever they call it now ) with Win 10 no hurry on migrating that one.

Win 7 othewise works fine with all the licenced and specific authorized use software and professional outboard gear HDWE drivers on that configuration it has to stay reliable whereas the others can just be clean installed ,re set or whatever rather quickly by comparison.

blutos cousin, Oct 2, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate, ran just about rock solid for me for years. I never wanted or installed any version of Windows 8, never liked the look of it, thought it was one of the worse OS's from Microsoft in a while. Now, of course I will get all kinds of hate mail.....lol Later....*Smile

OldMike65, Oct 2, 2015
  15. ha ha me too .......I deliberatley avoided Windows 8/8.1. I got enough of those 2 trainwrecks fixing and configuring PC's for friends and family . IMO Win 10 is much better than those two so is Win 7 ☻☻

blutos cousin, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin - Similar Threads - Google chrome runs

2. After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...: [Note::I tried to attach a photo of the Update History but I don't think is stuck]Problem: After a windows update, which was automatically done remotely, and a forced reboot on Windows 11, Google chrome.exe will only run two ways: 1 While Windows 11 is booted normally -...
  3. After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...: [Note::I tried to attach a photo of the Update History but I don't think is stuck]Problem: After a windows update, which was automatically done remotely, and a forced reboot on Windows 11, Google chrome.exe will only run two ways: 1 While Windows 11 is booted normally -...
  4. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  5. Can only run files as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can only run files as admin: I’ve recently run into an issue with all executable files on my PC.For some reason, the default for all .exe files is to be run as administrator. I saw two other users with similar issues but the fixes that worked for them didn’t work for me. I checked the registry and all...
  6. Unable to run Google Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to run Google Chrome on Windows 10: I've noticed that whenever I try and use Chrome, it will work for a couple minutes then shut down. Whenever I try and open it again, it will open a black box for a second and crash. This has been going on for months. I've resorted to using Microsoft Edge, but I'd much prefer...
  7. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval: I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-asking-for-adminadult-approval/2fa73af7-843c-49eb-816d-bd92f90e3cee"
  8. Can't run Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run Google Chrome: Whenever I double-click on my Google Chrome shortcut, the blue loading symbol appears to flicker for a second, then disappear. Google Chrome does not run any more. This problem occurred after the new Microsoft update. I tried adding "-no-sandbox" to the target in the...
  9. How to make Google Chrome automatically run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Google Chrome automatically run: I set that Google Chrome starts running at the particular time while my computer is in the sleep mode. It works fine but my display doesn’t turn on when Chrome starts running. So I need to touch the Touchpad. Can I adjust settings or something else so that Google Chrome...
  10. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin": I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive. Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it, and run as an admin, or I get an error or the application doesn't run at all. The thing is, I'm the only admin on my computer....