Windows 10: Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin

Discus and support Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I also agree with it.In my opinion using registry cleaners will always create problems. Best way is to make a backup of registry and manually delete... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by paascal, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Amythyr Win User

Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin

I also agree with it.In my opinion using registry cleaners will always create problems.

Best way is to make a backup of registry and manually delete the necessary entries.I had to do this for remove some of stubborn malware.
    Third party registry cleaners usually delete good entries too, when they are used .

Amythyr, Oct 2, 2015
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Not true, and I disagree big time!!! I've been using 3rd party reg cleaners for over the last 10 YEARS, with no problems. Just have to use dependable cleaners.

OldMike65, Oct 2, 2015
  3. I had problems with a dodgy free reg claaner that offered a paid upgrade a couple of years ago ( not CCleaner or Glary ) that was widley reccomended on the usuall PC web zines that was supposed to be real good the latest thing .... ( it wasnt I had to spend some fixing tgime after trying oit out on a perfectly working PC . .)

TBH it doesent mater if it's free or not they can be dodgy in fact most of the paid ones are scams anyway IMO ..

You can get CCleaner or Glary free , for free and if you need more than that you either know what ur doing to fix it or re installing or calling someone who does .

OTOH if I want to make sure I get rid of everthing from something dodgy or worse I always do a manual edit/find ,sometimes I use CCleaner and malwarbytes first but CCleaner doesent always get everything niether does malwarbytes or any resident AV program once it gets by the active shields .

I dont use CCleaner often it's mostly good for the other tools in there the CCleaner reg clean is OK for lost file fragments and paths and some old .DLL entries on *legitimate software* uninstalls but if something dodgy gets in a manual edit /find works best for me.

My broad view on Reg cleaners is caveat emptor, alweays export/ back up the reg first and CCleaner is *usualkly safe * but nothing is guaranted and most of the paid reg cleaners are scams .

OTOH If you get someting nasty and dont know how to use extra strenth one time use virus and malware cleaners and do a regedit /find /delete properly and re build what ever afterwards ur better off re instaklling because the avarage resident AV programsand shilelds dont do much once something nasty gets by them because that usually means they dont know about it yet and by the time they do it's often to late .

It took most of the resident AV program vendors 6- 9 mo. to get wise to some nasty conflict malware variants that were hosting nasty rootkit malware that I can tell you was no fun to clean out . Luckily it wasnt *this PC * othewise it would have been a clean install Glary ,malwarebyes and CCleaner and the resident AV programs couldent touch that stuff at the time it took 3 one time use extra strength cleaners and a lot of hunting and editing then re buildfing some stuff but the user had some data he didnt want to loose and it wasnt backed up it took a looong time to fix it .

blutos cousin, Oct 2, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

So many answers to some of this post, but, I'll start with, turn on your spell checker! *Smile My spelling sucks sometimes, so mine is always on. lol.

Hitman Pro seems to work when normal AV types don't, or can't find the bug. Seen lots of MS techs use it. I don't, but I don't seem to get those nasty bugs. Thank God. You must log on some "interesting sites" to get the nasty ones. Grin.

CCleaner is a VERY MILD reg cleaner, don't think it could do much hard to anyone's puter. Does no deep cleaning what-so-ever!!
    My other two, do but that's why I got em. Ace Utilities has been my long time favorite, but lots of people never heard of it,Glary's ain't bad, for free ware app. lots of features and all fer free too. I also have edited my registry manually too, but not much lately.
    Of course always have a backup, just incase. I have complete image backups, and registry backups. Makes life with Windows a little easier. Plus I play around with all kinds of stuff, tweaking this and that. OR deleting this or that. *Smile Heck I think a lot of us do in here. I've been playing on computers for over 30 years now, seen all kinds of mistakes done by ME over those years, but it all part of playing on my puter, and I enjoy doing so. We all do things a little different, makes life interesting I think. *Biggrin

OldMike65, Oct 2, 2015
  5. Been there and done all that (still do ) I started with Dos and Windows 3.0 /3.1 and everthing in between including overclocking and custom game biulds and serial upgrading and Win NT and some others and Solaris /Unix and SAP/Unix at work for decades .

I still think most of the paid reg cleaners are a waste of good money but CClean free is generaly safe .

I've never paid for a reg cleaner or felt I needed to or that cleaning the reg was even all that necissary on windows NT variants like like win 7 through 10 anyway if you arent having problems regardless of what Microsoft allegedly uses or not and we are going back to DOS here so whatever works .

blutos cousin, Oct 2, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Well looks like we got lots of old farts on here....good to know blutos*Smile Still need to turn on your spell checker. lol

OldMike65, Oct 2, 2015
  7. We must be bored to death to talk about something as useless as reg cleaners as a rule on a Windows NT kernel OS ☻

blutos cousin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google chrome only runs If I ask it to run as admin - Similar Threads - Google chrome runs

2. After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...: [Note::I tried to attach a photo of the Update History but I don't think is stuck]Problem: After a windows update, which was automatically done remotely, and a forced reboot on Windows 11, Google chrome.exe will only run two ways: 1 While Windows 11 is booted normally -...
  3. After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...: [Note::I tried to attach a photo of the Update History but I don't think is stuck]Problem: After a windows update, which was automatically done remotely, and a forced reboot on Windows 11, Google chrome.exe will only run two ways: 1 While Windows 11 is booted normally -...
  4. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  5. Can only run files as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can only run files as admin: I’ve recently run into an issue with all executable files on my PC.For some reason, the default for all .exe files is to be run as administrator. I saw two other users with similar issues but the fixes that worked for them didn’t work for me. I checked the registry and all...
  6. Unable to run Google Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to run Google Chrome on Windows 10: I've noticed that whenever I try and use Chrome, it will work for a couple minutes then shut down. Whenever I try and open it again, it will open a black box for a second and crash. This has been going on for months. I've resorted to using Microsoft Edge, but I'd much prefer...
  7. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval: I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-asking-for-adminadult-approval/2fa73af7-843c-49eb-816d-bd92f90e3cee"
  8. Can't run Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run Google Chrome: Whenever I double-click on my Google Chrome shortcut, the blue loading symbol appears to flicker for a second, then disappear. Google Chrome does not run any more. This problem occurred after the new Microsoft update. I tried adding "-no-sandbox" to the target in the...
  9. How to make Google Chrome automatically run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Google Chrome automatically run: I set that Google Chrome starts running at the particular time while my computer is in the sleep mode. It works fine but my display doesn’t turn on when Chrome starts running. So I need to touch the Touchpad. Can I adjust settings or something else so that Google Chrome...
  10. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin": I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive. Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it, and run as an admin, or I get an error or the application doesn't run at all. The thing is, I'm the only admin on my computer....