Windows 10: Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer

Discus and support Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Since yesterday whenever I turn on my PC Google Chrome (which is my default brower) automatically opens a MSN web page. This is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChazzaHazza, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer

Hi all,

Since yesterday whenever I turn on my PC Google Chrome (which is my default brower) automatically opens a MSN web page.

This is very annoying as I don't always want chrome to open, and I do not want to see the MSN website.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

I don't think its a virus as I've scanned to check.

Thank you,

:)

ChazzaHazza, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Vonzipper Win User

Stop MSN as Home Page

I found out how to do this. I have tried different versions on changing settings and home pages and discovered when you try to set a new home page, what Windows 10 does is to add the new address as a tab at the top of the page but still opens with MSN. What the sites have not said is that the MSN address is still there and is top in the list. It is an address that has the word about in it. It would not let me move that address to the bottom of the list and the only way I got my Google homepage that I wanted was to click on the X to the right of the about address and delete it. Now when I open up, my desired home page comes up and I don't have to look at MSN's bias headlines.

Vonzipper, Nov 10, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer

1. Google Chrome Opening a MSN page on Starting My Computer - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Opening

2. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  3. Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome/Start Menu etc. not opening: Hi guys,We are running Windows Server 2016 Standard. I have a problem that Google Chrome and any browser other than Internet Explorer cannot open. When I click, nothing happens.Same thing with Start Menu. I suppose if we fix Start menu, it will fix the rest of the...
  4. MSN out Google Chrome in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN out Google Chrome in: I'm working on Windows 11. Originally set Google chrome as my default browser now MSN opens up first. Went to the steps that I found on the net in set Google is default on several different categories. Now MSN opens up first then a black screen for Google and third Google...
  5. MSN out Google Chrome in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN out Google Chrome in: I'm working on Windows 11. Originally set Google chrome as my default browser now MSN opens up first. Went to the steps that I found on the net in set Google is default on several different categories. Now MSN opens up first then a black screen for Google and third Google...
  6. google chrome is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome is not opening: the application has failed to start because it side-by-side configuration is incorrect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-opening/a3cdf030-932d-47ff-b600-126b74d92256
  7. can't get google chrome to open full page

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get google chrome to open full page: when I first open my HP notebook I hit my google chrome icon on my task bar - this opens google full page where I then go on to facebook etc. today when I hit icon it opens new google tab but only a small screen. I have restarted notebook, ran several different trouble...
  8. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome will not open: My google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/e7e33c03-3800-48fe-ae99-bd241f75b1c0
  9. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  10. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing your page like msn on google chrome 2020