Windows 10: Google Chrome pinned to task-bar asks for permission every time I click to open it.

Discus and support Google Chrome pinned to task-bar asks for permission every time I click to open it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I try to open Google Chrome from the pinned icon to my task-bar it ask my permission to allow it to make changes on windows, it's the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rafael Sarante, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Google Chrome pinned to task-bar asks for permission every time I click to open it.

Every time I try to open Google Chrome from the pinned icon to my task-bar it ask my permission to allow it to make changes on windows, it's the same when one it's trying to install it for the first time and after I click yes it opens as regular. Anyone else is having the same problem and / or have a solution to this? And all of this started to happen after the last big update for Windows 10, version 1903. When I open it from the start menu it does it like suppose to.

:)

Rafael Sarante, Jun 5, 2019

2. Ask For Permission On Google Chrome???

Yesterday, I tried to start up google chrome when it gave me the message:

Ask for permission
    You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Google Chrome

So I checked my family settings and I'm an adult in the family. When I click 'ask by email' nothing shows up in my inbox, and II still can't use google chrome. Any suggestions?

Joe Goalby, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 5, 2019
  4. WSlosarik Win User

Google Chrome pinned to task-bar asks for permission every time I click to open it.

How to pin Google Chrome apps to the Windows 10 task bar.

Open Chrome from the desktop. Choose your app. Left click on tab and select Pin the Tab. Delete all other tabs.

Go to settings from the menu pulldown. Select Open a Specific Page option of the On Startup section. Click Set Pages link and select Current Page option. Delete all other URLs in the list. Click OK. Kill settings tab.

On the menu pulldown of your pinned tab select More Tools and then Add to Taskbar.

Click on the Windows Start Button in the lower left corner. Select All Apps. Expand the Chrome Apps. Right click one of the symbols in the list below. Select Open File Location. You will see a file explorer list of the saved Google apps that you pinned to
    the taskbar but that did not show up on the taskbar.

Right click on your app and select Pin to Taskbar. Repeat for all desired Google Chrome apps.

WSlosarik, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome pinned to task-bar asks for permission every time I click to open it.

1. Google Chrome pinned to task-bar asks for permission every time I click to open it. - Similar Threads - Google Chrome pinned

2. Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill: Since a few days ago, every time I try to use the autofill feature on chrome, I am prompted in typing my windows pc pin number, as attached.I don't want that, and want it disabled, I know it's security, but i didn't need this layer of security for the last 20 years and I'll...
  3. Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill: Since a few days ago, every time I try to use the autofill feature on chrome, I am prompted in typing my windows pc pin number, as attached.I don't want that, and want it disabled, I know it's security, but i didn't need this layer of security for the last 20 years and I'll...
  4. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back....
  5. google chrome is asking for permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    google chrome is asking for permission: Hi, I am not able to open my google chrome browser it keeps asking for permission from adult, since I am the parent how should I unrestricted it. Thanks...
  6. Opening Google Chrome from task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Google Chrome from task bar: Can't open Google Chrome from task bar! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-google-chrome-from-task-bar/906d5ddf-be74-46b9-be87-5028e1f3c354
  7. In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....: From last 1 week i have tried to open google chrome but it always opens Mozilla firefox ,i have tried changing defaults and have tried to delete firefox but nothing work.I have to work on google but it won't let me open chrome.Please help,Thanks...
  8. Ask for Permission for Chrome to open

Ask for Permission for Chrome to open: Hi, I keep getting this Pop up...[ATTACH] I've only just started getting it and my Parents haven't set u a family.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permission-for-chrome-to-open/cb45a269-6dfc-48b2-9b14-7c5b2507a279
  9. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing: I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask for parental...
  10. Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access

Google Chrome asking for adult permissions to access: When I try to open Google chrome I need to request permission from adult by email. When I press ask by email I got error. How I can fix it??? I Can't use google chrome already for 3 weeks. No one from my family active family characteristics... I use an child account, plz fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add the task open new window in task bar google chrome

2. adult permission google chrome

3. why chrome pins every time to taskbar

4. open google chrome asks to select user