Windows 10: Google chrome questions

Discus and support Google chrome questions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Id like to say, I'm 83 and fairly ignorant about computers, and even worse, it seems what I learn I soon forget. I have been trying to see the street... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dearelliot, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Google chrome questions

Id like to say, I'm 83 and fairly ignorant about computers, and even worse, it seems what I learn I soon forget.
    I have been trying to see the street view of hotels etc using Google views and have been getting a screen note saying if I use windows 10 I need to download google Chrome, that it will not work with Explorer
    I'm concerned downloading Google chrome might cause me problems, so my first question is
    Is it safe and reasonably trouble free to download Google chrome.

Second maybe someone knows if there is a different site that offers the Street view I'm looking for that Explorer will accommodate.

:)

dearelliot, Mar 13, 2017
  2. Arul_D Win User

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error in Google chrome

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

This is a known error in Google chrome. If you are using Google chrome then I would suggest you to Post in Google chrome forums.

http://productforums.google.com/d/forum/chrome

In case, if you need any assistance with Windows you may always post your questions along with your valuable suggestions in this forum.

Arul_D, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Can't find Bookmarks on Chrome

Hi,

This is a question for Google Chrome Support.

Google Chrome Help

Smittychat., Mar 13, 2017
  4. Google chrome questions

Hi Elliot

I just tried my street views in Edge and Internet Explorer and didn't receive the same message. It worked as I thought it would. Now we may be approaching this differently. I started with Google Maps, keyed in address and then went to street views.

As to Chrome, it is a very good browser. Everyone has different opinions. I use it and I sign into it. As such items I bookmark on my desktop I can access on my phone or tablet and vice versa. It has plenty of working extensions that I find handy and I find its overall operation very easy.

You should not experience any issues using Chrome. That said when you install it will likely ask if it should become your default browser. If you are not ready to commit then simple say no. Should you decide at a later point you can change.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2017
  5. Jeddie Win User
    I use Google Chrome on my win10 PC and I am very happy with it.

Jeddie, Mar 13, 2017
  6. Thanks for assist. I'm working on it. I am confused by the term street view, as I'm looking to find A street view from earth looking out rather than a street view looking down. and I am trying ..so I have a start.
    I will download Google Chrome and go from there..
    Thanks I appreciate your help.

dearelliot, Mar 13, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    I use Google Street View with IE 11 no problem, or indeed the Edge Browser, or Chrome Browser.
    You can install the Google Chrome Web Browser if you wish. They are just bigging up their particular Web Browser.
    Uninstall it if you don't want it.

I think what you really want is Google Earth the desktop application, that also includes Street View, but has other features you may like. Sky view and indeed the Moon and Mars.
    Get that from here:
    Google Earth

Helmut, Mar 13, 2017
  8. Google chrome questions

Street view is just that, a view from the street. Not all streets are done but a vast amount of countries are done. If you go to Google maps, type in an address it should bring up a map with a Pinned location. On the left are some pictures. If you click on lower picture it will engage street view.

Alternatively you can click and drag the little stick figure, lower right, up and onto map. When positioning stick figure you position the little circle under the stick figure, not the person. As you move the little stick figure up to map you will notice streets turning blue. This is where the Google cameras have "Imaged". If you happen to be looking somewhere remote and the streets don't turn blue as you drag the stick figure up then Google has not been there yet.

When Street View is engaged if you look in upper left corner you will see a box. It will have a date, that is when the street view was taken.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2017
  9. thanx all, I have plenty to do with this.

dearelliot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google chrome questions

1. Google chrome questions - Similar Threads - Google chrome questions

2. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  3. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  4. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome: Recently my computer began rebooting everytime I open Google Chrome. I did a reset, and a fresh install of windows. Newest version of Chrome installed and uninstalled several times. Now I can use Chrome a bit on static pages of info, but as soon as I open something like...
  5. Google chrome

Google chrome: I want to download google chrome on my lap top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/45d4d0e3-c7ed-40e7-9b0f-9ae0591fc685
  6. Chrome and Google account questions?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Google account questions?: Hi I'd like to know after installation of Chrome and logging in my Google account (through the website), does it automatically save my details like cache, bookmarks, saved passwords etc to my Google account or do I have to configure anything in the setttings of browsers...
  7. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  8. google chrome

google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  9. google chrome color question

in Browsers and Email
    google chrome color question: The recent settings redesign is too new for themes to have caught up with.
  10. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675