Windows 10: Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

Discus and support Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Four months ago we announced that we’d be moving to HTML5 By Default to offer a safer, more power-efficient experience. As a reminder, this change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

Source: Chromium Blog: Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

:)

Brink, Dec 10, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Adobe Flash

Google Chrome has Flash built in. There's nothing more to install.

You should know that Flash is very quickly going away and being replaced by other technologies, like HTML5. Flash is a security risk, and most browsers now block Flash content by default.

BulldogXX, Dec 10, 2016
  3. chadbonk Win User
    Update to Win 10 changed Explorer fonts

has anyone had the issue with fonts substituting through IE and Google Chrome since the update rolled out? I can't seem to change the fonts back to default. Both IE and google chrome are like this. I've tried Internet Settings, and I don't have any toolbars
    installed nor anything Norton that I've read causes some issues

Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default [​IMG]

chadbonk, Dec 10, 2016
  4. z3r010 Win User

That's pretty much going to kill off flash....and about time too.

z3r010, Dec 10, 2016
  5. Now cybercriminal will focus on HTML exploit and drive-by-download method when Flash is over. New arms race between good guy and bad guy once again.

RubberDucky, Dec 10, 2016
  6. labeeman Win User
    I have my FF set up that way and I do not need to give as many sites permission to use flash. This will speed it up.*Smile

labeeman, Dec 10, 2016
  7. Not really, bad guys have already won by this move, including Google. HTML5 can not be blocked like flash.

TairikuOkami, Dec 10, 2016
  8. Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

Good point. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Roll

2. google chrome default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome default program: Hello.I notice that when choose for example google chrome as the default browser when reopen settings is unmarked.Is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-default-program/770337ee-d87b-451c-86bf-87bb7c49a36d
  3. google chrome default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome default program: Hello.I notice that when choose for example google chrome as the default browser when reopen settings is unmarked.Is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-default-program/770337ee-d87b-451c-86bf-87bb7c49a36d
  4. MSN out Google Chrome in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN out Google Chrome in: I'm working on Windows 11. Originally set Google chrome as my default browser now MSN opens up first. Went to the steps that I found on the net in set Google is default on several different categories. Now MSN opens up first then a black screen for Google and third Google...
  5. MSN out Google Chrome in

MSN out Google Chrome in: I'm working on Windows 11. Originally set Google chrome as my default browser now MSN opens up first. Went to the steps that I found on the net in set Google is default on several different categories. Now MSN opens up first then a black screen for Google and third Google...
  6. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  7. google chrome as default browser

google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  8. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  9. Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome: In August, we announced a new initiative (known as Privacy Sandbox) to develop a set of open standards to fundamentally enhance privacy on the web. Our goal for this open source initiative is to make the web more private and secure for users, while also supporting publishers....
  10. HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play

in Windows 10 News
    HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play: HTML5 by default: Google’s plan to make Chrome’s Flash click-to-play Google will be taking another step towards an HTML5-only Web later this year, as the systematic deprecation and removal of Flash continues. In a plan outlined last week, Flash will be disabled by...