Windows 10: google chrome searches showing as insecure

Discus and support google chrome searches showing as insecure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been noticing that when I search for pretty much anything on chrome in windows 10 the searches are showing up as insecure with the exclamation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1_ZoSo_1, Oct 1, 2021.

1. 1_ZoSo_1 Win User

google chrome searches showing as insecure

I've been noticing that when I search for pretty much anything on chrome in windows 10 the searches are showing up as insecure with the exclamation icon in the URL instead of the lock symbol. This is happening on 2 devices and I just got them fully scanned for viruses at geeksquad with a full boot scan and the works so I know it can't be a virus. It is not happening on my chromebook or mac and it doesnt happen when I type in random letters. I have tried reinstalling chrome/releasing address/sfc scannow/ nothing is changing the insecure icon. Is there something wrong with windows right now?

:)

1_ZoSo_1, Oct 1, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

Source: Chromium Blog: Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

Brink, Oct 1, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 1, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

1. google chrome searches showing as insecure - Similar Threads - google chrome searches

2. Google Chrome search error or something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome search error or something: This is the error code I get simply trying to access Excel free online through my Microsoftaccount. Why am I getting this for Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I don't get the errors for the apps like OneNote, Forms, Lists, Outlook, Sway and OneDrive and are able to accessthose...
  3. Google Chrome search error or something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome search error or something: This is the error code I get simply trying to access Excel free online through my Microsoftaccount. Why am I getting this for Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I don't get the errors for the apps like OneNote, Forms, Lists, Outlook, Sway and OneDrive and are able to accessthose...
  4. Google chrome \ books search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome \ books search: Hello Perhaps I ask Google experts about this questions but I don't know the way or the method to how contact them Anyway, if someone can answer my question here, I will be gratified ---The last days when I go Google and search about any item related to language, the book...
  5. Google chrome \ books search

Google chrome \ books search: Hello Perhaps I ask Google experts about this questions but I don't know the way or the method to how contact them Anyway, if someone can answer my question here, I will be gratified ---The last days when I go Google and search about any item related to language, the book...
  6. Google Chrome Search Engine

Google Chrome Search Engine: Today on Google Chrome I noticed the search engine had changed to Yahoo! and going into setting I was unable to change it back to Chrome/ uninstall Yahoo! I went to the list of programs on my pc and tried uninstalling Search Powered by Yahoo! but it didnt work either. Is...
  7. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome: Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages). This move follows a plan we...
  8. Google Chrome Search settings ?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Search settings ?: Hello & Thanks, Google Chrome Search: 1) when I click on link , computer 1 opens up a new Tab. 2) when I click on link , computer 2 opens link on same Tab. Pls, how can I get 2 to open New Tab ? Where is that setting ? Thanks 83930
  9. Chrome passwords stored insecurely?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome passwords stored insecurely?: I'm using Lastpass password manager. I installed an offline component for Lastpass which includes a feature to import passwords. During the installation of the component I was prompted with a box saying that Lastpass had found the following passwords stored insecurely on your...
  10. strange Google Chrome search results

strange Google Chrome search results: Hello folks, I recently upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to Win 10 (clean install) but I think that's irrelevant to the issue I'm having. My search results in Google Chrome using Google search look strange (see attachment). When I perform the search on the same machine in...