Windows 10: Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

Discus and support Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RaymondWindoz10, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

I use Google Chrome as my search engine.
    I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago.

I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom.
    I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom left or whatever the popup is being called now...

A couple of days ago the Chrome shortcut went from the familiar Google colors to a white, blank sheet of paper in the taskbar. I tried to reload it but I keep getting a message about an error code.

I tried to open the program from the programs file and create a shortcut for the desktop but I get the same error code.

I can still search with google using the blank piece of paper looking icon in the taskbar and I get google when I cut on the computer. But I want the shortcut and the familiar looking google colors back.

I was going to delete the program and reload it but I don't want to lose all the bookmarks I have already loaded.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks.

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Sep 26, 2015

2. Unable to pin program to taskbar.

i'm trying to pin google chrome to taskbar

-> Create a desktop shortcut with

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

then drag it onto the taskbar.

If i cant get this fixed i'll just switch to mac

-> You really, really scare me.

Frederik Long, Sep 26, 2015
  3. dpepper73 Win User
    Why do my quick launch icons flash when I click on the Chrome quick launch icon? Win 10

I chose the "Desktop, Start, & Personalization" help topic because my question deals with the quick launch icons on the taskbar. I call them Quick Launch icons. Others may call them Taskbar icons. They're the small icons on the taskbar next to the Start
    icon.

Here's my issue: Whenever I click on the Google Chrome quick launch icon, the other quick launch icons flash once, although not necessarily at the same time, while Chrome is being loaded. This also happens when I double-click the Google Chrome shortcut
    icon on my desktop. Sometimes, but not always, a few or all of my desktop icons will turn white for a split second while Chrome is being loaded.

I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro. I've been using Windows 10 ever since it became available, but this problem only started about 3 weeks ago. I use Avira Antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I run scans with them on a weekly basis, sometimes more
    often.

As far as I can tell, there aren't any other performance issues.

dpepper73, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

TairikuOkami, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Thanks I will check it out. But why did my shortcut disappear off my desktop and why did the G Chrome icon turn from the standard Google colors to a blank sheet of paper ?

It would make more sense if Google got corrupted, but it still works.

6. OK, I exported my bookmarks and set them up as a desktop shortcut. But when I tried to open them to make sure everything was there and working, like I normally do after creating a file........it said .......C: Unspecified Error.

Is that what it it suppose to say ? Does that shortcut exist just so I can import it later and then it will work ?
    Is this the point at which I should delete Chrome and reload it ?
    OH yeah, I keep getting a message asking me if I want to make Chrome my default browser and it already is.
    Is that Google or is that part of my problem ?

7. Make sure, that Chrome is set a default app, if it does not help, reinstall.

How to Set Your Default Apps in Windows 10

Once you uninstall Chrome, make sure you also remove Chrome from hidden folder in:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Google\Chrome\

TairikuOkami, Sep 26, 2015
  8. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

OK I exported my bookmarks and have a shortcut on my desktop.
    I reloaded Chrome on my computer.
    I did not delete the first download because I thought that it would either rewrite over it or get one of those messages that say..Google (2). The way it does when you have 2 copies of something.

Everything works now but when I go to programs I only have 1 Google program showing , not two.
    Do you think it overwrote the first one ? I checked the date on the programs file and it says 23 August , which was the date I bought the computer and started personalizing it.

If it wrote over the program shouldn't it say 26 September ?

Thanks for your help............*Smile

RaymondWindoz10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

1. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Shortcut

2. google chrome browser won't load in full page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome browser won't load in full page: google chrome browser will not open in full page - microsoft edge is my preferred browser but I also want to use Chrome Browser, as I am more familiar with it....
  3. google chrome browser won't load in full page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome browser won't load in full page: google chrome browser will not open in full page - microsoft edge is my preferred browser but I also want to use Chrome Browser, as I am more familiar with it....
  4. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  5. how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome: I just switched to chrome and I have no toolbar at the top of the page. How do I download a google toolbar or a google shortcut on my desktop...
  6. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. I reset the computer yesterday, and it seemed to work fine. Today, it doesn't even want to load the desktop on startup. Run SFC and it came...
  7. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. After booting into safe mode, it seemed to work again, but then failed to launch anything in the next few hours. I reset the computer...
  8. Google Calendar won't load in Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Calendar won't load in Chrome: Hello. Google Calendar won't load in Chrome on either of my PCs, not even in incognito mode. I just get the message "Loading...". However it will load in Edge. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? 111713
  9. desktop shortcut for google

in Browsers and Email
    desktop shortcut for google: Bottom left says search the web and windows, but it just shows replies from bing. I cant even find how to do a desktop short cut for google. Desktop shortcut used to be so easy. Is W10 going to turn out to be more difficult to used than 8, or is it really easier once you...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...