Windows 10: google chrome showing nothing but a gray box

Discus and support google chrome showing nothing but a gray box in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this is what I see when I open google chrome, does is anyone else having this problem too?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidDixon780, Apr 21, 2020.

1. google chrome showing nothing but a gray box

this is what I see when I open google chrome, does is anyone else having this problem too? google chrome showing nothing but a gray box 54264ca0-5136-426c-9e41-b011d18432c1?upload=true.png

:)

DavidDixon780, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 21, 2020
  4. google chrome showing nothing but a gray box

Gray Box

Hi Debbie,

We would like to know more information about your concern so we can better assist you.

• When did you start seeing the gray box on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

google chrome showing nothing but a gray box

1. google chrome showing nothing but a gray box - Similar Threads - google chrome showing

2. Google Chrome shows a blank screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome shows a blank screen: I shut down Google Chrome and when I opened it again, there was a blank screen. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. No luck there. This occurred at a time when I had agreed to install Windows 11 on my computer, which installation failed several times. -- Coincidence? Now I...
  3. Gray Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gray Box: Can someone please advise what the little gray box with the diagonal line is? This has recently started to appear on some of my jpg files see screenshot I believe it may have started after a recent update but i can't be sure.Would really like to know what it...
  4. Gray Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Box: Can someone please advise what the little gray box with the diagonal line is? This has recently started to appear on some of my jpg files I believe it may have started after a recent update but i can't be sure.Would really like to know what it meansThanksBernard...
  5. Gray Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gray Box: Can someone please advise what the little gray box with the diagonal line is? This has recently started to appear on some of my jpg files I believe it may have started after a recent update but i can't be sure.Would really like to know what it meansThanksBernard...
  6. google chrome searches showing as insecure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome searches showing as insecure: I've been noticing that when I search for pretty much anything on chrome in windows 10 the searches are showing up as insecure with the exclamation icon in the URL instead of the lock symbol. This is happening on 2 devices and I just got them fully scanned for viruses at...
  7. Why is Google Chrome more of a light gray color and not gray like other ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Google Chrome more of a light gray color and not gray like other ones?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TiFerTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knoprg/why_is_google_chrome_more_of_a_light_gray_color/
  8. Removing blue highlight box on google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing blue highlight box on google chrome: How do I remove the blue highlight box that temporarily appears on google chrome? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-blue-highlight-box-on-google-chrome/9c105f80-5e61-48aa-adfb-3e7f53760895
  9. Half of Google Drive shows nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half of Google Drive shows nothing: I've got a new laptop recently, and after being a couple of days working with it, I discovered I couldn't see half of the Google Drive website. Not just one page, but rather almost everything, including whenever someone has to share me a link to download a file and the link...
  10. Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons: I have these gray X's on all of my Chrome Icons. How do I get rid of them? [ATTACH] Thanks Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gray-x-on-all-of-my-google-chrome-icons/78fed21f-3f2c-470a-a51b-8663ff46383c