Windows 10: Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update

Discus and support Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have just done a major Windows update from 1709 to 2004 using the Windows Download Tool. Everything seems to be working fine, except that Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matt316, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Matt316 Win User

Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update

Hi,

I have just done a major Windows update from 1709 to 2004 using the Windows Download Tool. Everything seems to be working fine, except that Google Chrome take ages to load - 5 minutes or more. I don't want to reset it as it has many settings that would take a long time to redo. GC is up to date. It only started happening after the Win update.

Matt

:)

Matt316, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Hello! Does not seem to be fixed in any way.
    PROBLEM: On Windows 7, with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in IE11.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

On Windows 8.1, a slightly different thing happens:
    PROBLEM: On Windows 8.1, with both Opera and Google Chrome installed and with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in Opera.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

Please fix this in 0.8.2! *Smile Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update :)

4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Slow

2. Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open: Hi! I've been having a recurrent problem with Google Chrome on Windows 10. They started 1-2 months ago. Essentially, what happens is that every time Windows 10 updates, Google Chrome launches once, and once you close it, 2 windows that are all black open up, and promptly...
  3. Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open: Hi! I've been having a recurrent problem with Google Chrome on Windows 10. They started 1-2 months ago. Essentially, what happens is that every time Windows 10 updates, Google Chrome launches once, and once you close it, 2 windows that are all black open up, and promptly...
  4. Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update: Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-open-after-windows-10-update/0daded66-cded-4148-8850-4f12f1c8ce07
  5. google chrome is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome is not opening: the application has failed to start because it side-by-side configuration is incorrect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-is-not-opening/a3cdf030-932d-47ff-b600-126b74d92256
  6. Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update: Hi, I have just done a major Windows update from 1709 to 2004 using the Windows Download Tool. Everything seems to be working fine, except that Google Chrome take ages to load - 5 minutes or more. I don't want to reset it as it has many settings that would take a long time...
  7. BSOD majority after opening Chrome. Not sure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD majority after opening Chrome. Not sure: I just change the cmos battery but i also remove the GPU vertical mount bracket because i cannot reach my hand at the cmos battery location. After changing cmos batt BSOD starter. already reinstall chrome but didnt delete the user data. I have popup blocker and adblock...
  8. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome will not open: My google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/e7e33c03-3800-48fe-ae99-bd241f75b1c0
  9. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  10. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b