Windows 10: Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status

Discus and support Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All, As the title suggests, I am having difficulty with parental controls and Google Chrome. Specifically, I have a child's account with several... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cardinalsfan111, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I am having difficulty with parental controls and Google Chrome. Specifically, I have a child's account with several restricted apps. When I navigate to restricted apps on the child's profile, Google Chrome displays as restricted, but can still be opened on the child's profile. This problem just started several days ago.

Has anyone had a similar problem and found success?

I've run through the generic fixes on the Microsoft website: updated the computer's software (windows 10) privacy settings are set to "full" not basic, restarted the computer, verified the account. I'm at a loss of troubleshoot options to run.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Cardinals Fan

:)

Cardinalsfan111, Mar 9, 2019

2. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Mar 9, 2019
  3. stevenh76 Win User
    Blocking google images on child account

How can I block google images from my child's account? I added it to the "block" list and was able to go to reinstall it on my child's account without parental permission

stevenh76, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status

Block Google Chrome for Child

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to remove the child account from family group and then re-add it.

To remove accounts from Microsoft family, please follow the steps mentioned in the link:
    Remove members from your Microsoft family and to re-add the account,
    follow the steps provided in the link: Add members to your Microsoft family

Ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on under
    Recent Activity in parent account.

After adding the account, sign into your child’s account on Windows.

Try to access the application and check if it reflects under ‘Recent activity’ in parent account.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status

1. Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Still

2. Child removed from family he still blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child removed from family he still blocked: Hi, I added a child on my family group then I removed but he still cannot access to apps that were monitored. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-removed-from-family-he-still-blocked/439213ee-3d91-44c5-8666-049e6ae8c979"
  3. google chrome will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome will not open: Google chrome will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/5daf90aa-2128-4caf-9296-d3470efb3b3b
  4. Google chrome blocked after r account removed

Google chrome blocked after r account removed: I had removed my son from the family as was still showing as child account. He is now 20 years old and away at uni with his own lap top which has been working fine until now. As soon as child account removed he is now being asked to get permission from an adult to open...
  5. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  6. Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot run Google Chrome on Child account, needs permission.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  7. Can't open google chrome

Can't open google chrome: Hi ! So I connected my xbox account to the pc to see how it goes( I have a child account on xbox so I had to give an adult account to play the games ) and the next day I can't open Google Chrome. It says "Ask for permission". I looked on youtube, google, haven't found...
  8. Block Google Chrome for Child

Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...
  9. Google Chrome: Block Video Autoplay

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Block Video Autoplay: Not sure if everyone else is as annoyed by sites like CNN where videos play automatically, but I was elated to read that Chrome was going to allow blocking autoplay of videos. When is that coming? I had read Jan 2018, but I can't find the setting. 103131
  10. program blocking for child account

program blocking for child account: In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also a way to allow certain programs without password. I can't seem to figure out how to do a similar thing in Windows 10. Did...