Windows 10: Google Chrome- throttled connection

Discus and support Google Chrome- throttled connection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 home edition and have since reinstallation have had a problem with chrome reach the speeds its supposed I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChanceMaynord, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Google Chrome- throttled connection

I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 home edition and have since reinstallation have had a problem with chrome reach the speeds its supposed I had before reinstallation. The internet connection is a fiber-optic network, and browsers such as Edge and IE have no problems getting the best speeds. However when I launch Chrome the connection is seemingly throttled down to mere Kbps, I have done everything I know how to do short of just trashing the pc. Is there compatibility issue with Chrome in an update or a way to boost the speeds back up to previous standards?

:)

ChanceMaynord, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Google Chrome- throttled connection

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome- throttled connection

1. Google Chrome- throttled connection - Similar Threads - Google Chrome throttled

2. Internet connectivity throttled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connectivity throttled: Hey all,I recently moved to a new place which provides internet. I've realized a short while ago that my connection speed has dropped dramatically, but I'm thinking now that may just be coincidental to the move. It must be an issue with my PC.Background info:My PC is almost...
  3. Internet connectivity throttled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connectivity throttled: Hey all,I recently moved to a new place which provides internet. I've realized a short while ago that my connection speed has dropped dramatically, but I'm thinking now that may just be coincidental to the move. It must be an issue with my PC.Background info:My PC is almost...
  4. Internet connectivity throttled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  6. Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome: hello so I don't have a Microsoft parent well I do but it isn't working because my parents don't use that anymore and I cant login into google chrome but I need it for school but it is saying I need permission and I don't know what to do because I don't actually have a...
  7. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome: I have Google Chrome as my internet connection. Why is Explorer or Bing interfering with my use of my computer and not letting me run in the compatibility mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/54516f70-65e2-49f6-a353-4e02b5f42c54
  8. Google Chrome

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Google Chrome: Can you download Google Chrome in Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/ca314897-9b67-457b-965e-8f866ec5c23f
  9. Google Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome: Every time I try to open google chrome, it says that I need to ask a family member by email through Microsoft family features, and it goes through, my mom accepts google through Microsoft family features, and then I open google and it asks again. [ATTACH]...
  10. Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows How to Enable or Disable Google Chrome Background Tab Throttling in Windows The stable channel of Google Chrome 57 for desktop ships with the background tab throttling power optimization...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome being throttled

2. google chrome being throttled