Windows 10: Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard

Discus and support Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is actively contributing to the Chromium community and the recent commits made by Microsoft are supposed to improve Chromium browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 14, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard

Microsoft is actively contributing to the Chromium community and the recent commits made by Microsoft are supposed to improve Chromium browsers experience on Windows 10. According to the latest findings, Google Chrome will work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard when editing online documents such as Excel Sheet.

First spotted by us, the new Chromium commit by a Microsoft engineer aims to address an issue where Chrome wouldn’t play nice with Windows 10’s built-in touch keyboard when editing online Excel document.

The bug post on Chromium by Microsoft employee explains that when editing an Excel document on a touch-enabled device in Chrome, the onscreen keyboard pops up but occludes the focussed cell. The expected result, according to the bug post, is the onscreen keyboard will show up but it should focus cell scrolls into view instead of hiding it behind the onscreen keyboard.

“The bottom cells that are likely to be occluded by the on screen keyboard,” the post explains.

• Expected result: The onscreen keyboard pops up and the focused cell scrolls into view.
    • What happens instead: The onscreen keyboard pops up but occludes the focussed cell.

Microsoft has figured out a solution to address this glitch and the company has submitted a commit titled ‘Fix touch keyboard occluding focused element inside OOPIF’. The post explains that commit will address the glitch by allowing the browser to scroll the focused element into view.

Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard Excel-in-Chrome.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Chromium Gerrit

“This change scrolls the focused element into view by messaging the browser process when the main frame renderer process fails to scroll the focused node into view. The browser process then calls RenderWidgetHostViewAura::ScrollFocusedEditableNodeIntoRect which correctly routes the scroll message to the focused frame,” the commit explains.

Microsoft and Chromium development

Microsoft’s contribution to Chromium development is slowly increasing and various commits by Microsoft appear to suggest that the preview of the next version of Edge will show up in public soon.

For instance, we recently spotted a commit on Chromium from Microsoft engineers that include a fix for failed DirectX variables and as well as improvements for upstream local-time related web test to WPT.

Similarly, the posts on Google product forums revealed Microsoft’s intention to address the accessibility features of Chromium and bring it in line with other accessibility-friendly Windows 10 programs.

The post Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard

1. Google Chrome to work better with Windows 10’s touch keyboard - Similar Threads - Google Chrome better

2. Google Chrome’s tabs sharing feature to get better on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s tabs sharing feature to get better on Windows 10: If you’re a long-term Google Chrome user you may have come across the browser’s tabs sharing feature, which basically allows you to push things from Windows 10 to your phone and vice versa. A Chromium post suggests that Google is working on a new version of the tabs sharing...
  3. Chrome to work better with Windows 10 emoji picker, virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome to work better with Windows 10 emoji picker, virtual keyboard: Thanks to the changes made by both Microsoft and Google, it’s very fast to launch the emoji panel in Google Chrome. As you may be aware, there are two ways to insert emoji in Chrome – bring up Windows 10’s built-in emoji picker using Win + period keyboard shortcut or...
  4. Dounload google chrome for windows 10 in s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dounload google chrome for windows 10 in s mode: I just got this new computer and need to have access to my google chrome because of all the favorites I have saved on there for work. The issue I'm running in to is windows is blocking it from downloading it as it is not a "verified app". I have searched for a solution on...
  5. google chrome not work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome not work in windows 10: google chrome not work in windows 10 .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-work-in-windows-10/662ede3e-5420-433a-a949-50de5dea4db1
  6. Better password protections in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Better password protections in Google Chrome: Many of us have encountered malware, heard of data breaches, or even been a victim of phishing, where a site tries to scam you into entering your passwords and other sensitive information. With all this considered, data security has become a top concern for many people...
  7. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome not working on Windows 10: I recently just built my pc. Installed Windows 10. It came with both internet explorer and Google Chrome. It's more convenient to use Google Chrome, but with this new PC, it just won't work. It will be a huge inconvenience to use internet explorer, as my job requires Chrome...
  8. Google Chrome app on windows 10 in S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Google Chrome app on windows 10 in S mode: Is it possible to download the google chrome browser app on a windows 10 laptop in S mode? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-app-on-windows-10-in-s-mode/0ac02df4-da72-4a68-9593-c005ec6b5a7b"
  9. Google Chrome touch issues under Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome touch issues under Windows 10: Hi guys, I've just installed build 10041 on my Surface Pro 3 i7/256 and there seem to be some issues with Google Chrome. I've uninstalled the browser and re-installed, but to no avail... - There is no touch support at all, I have to use the trackpad or mouse - And the...
  10. I need a better understanding of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    I need a better understanding of Google Chrome: I just read on another post that Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world. I'm interested in trying it on one of my computers but have seen problems on some of my friends computers. In this past month 2 of my friends had similar problems: slow as slow goes...