Windows 10: Google Chrome vs Firefox

Discus and support Google Chrome vs Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craig, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Craig Win User

Google Chrome vs Firefox

I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all...

After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome based browser, it got my curiousity up to check out Chrome again and i downloaded it a few days ago and have been playing with it and comparing it with Firefox...

So, i wanted to ask: which one do YOU prefer? and what are the reasons that you think one is better than the other?

:)

Craig, Dec 9, 2018
  2. cheesy999 Win User

Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

That's why i started using chrome a while ago, i know there is always an extension to do something in Firefox, but at the end of the day i prefer it if the browser just happens to include these features.

There are other things that pushed me to chrome as well
    • Firefox 4-6 were full of bugs
    • The add-ons have to be updated manually in firefox
    • Google chrome will synchronise every single setting in the browser including the add-ons i have across all of my computers without a single add-on needed (to do the synchronisation of course, i still use them for other things)
    • Chrome works faster for me
    • Chrome has that brilliant start page
    • I could go on all day, there aren't any massive things Firefox is missing, it's all the small things it's missing that add up and make Google chrome better.

cheesy999, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Vijay B Win User

Google Chrome vs Firefox

Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox do not open

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

1. Are you able to open all the other programs in Windows 10?

2. Did you install the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on your computer?

I would suggest you to install the latest Version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome vs Firefox

1. Google Chrome vs Firefox - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Firefox

2. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  3. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome: I have both of them web browsers for my windows 10 pc, i mostly use chrome for my google account to link with my other devices that use my google account and i am wondering which one is best or better for video streaming with the likes of netflix and youtube etc?...
  4. Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR

in Browsers and Email
    Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR: I switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR because of Google moved from 6 weeks to 4 weeks release schedule except of I think enterprise customers. What do you think guys? Please go to: Google is speeding up Chromes release cycle to every four weeks 183242
  5. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  6. Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Google Chrome vs Edge chrome benchmarks?: I've been using both for some time now but it's really annoying, I just want to stick to one but they are both great and for me it's a 50/50, so I basically want the performance of them to tell me which one to get :D There must be some benchmarks right? I know Edge Chrome is...
  7. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  8. Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family: I just got a new laptop, and I loved it. Or at first at least. I'm a big fan of Google Chrome, but unfortunately, I can't use it. I downloaded Google Chrome, but when I tried to open it, it brought up a Microsoft family page. It said I needed to ask an adult for permission....
  9. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...