Windows 10: Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family

Discus and support Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just got a new laptop, and I loved it. Or at first at least. I'm a big fan of Google Chrome, but unfortunately, I can't use it. I downloaded Google... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mark_Azmy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Mark_Azmy Win User

Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family

I just got a new laptop, and I loved it. Or at first at least. I'm a big fan of Google Chrome, but unfortunately, I can't use it. I downloaded Google Chrome, but when I tried to open it, it brought up a Microsoft family page. It said I needed to ask an adult for permission. And the funny thing is, my account is an adult account. In fact, there are no child accounts in my Microsoft family. So I asked the other adult in the family for permission, and I logged into their account and approved it. I thought it would work. I thought. I tried everything, logging in with a local account, deleting and reinstalling Chrome, nothing is working. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

:)

Mark_Azmy, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Family Features blocking google chrome

Hi Taylor,

It is possible that there is an issue with the Family settings. This can be the reason why you're unable to use Google Chrome. We recommend that you check you family settings by accessing account.microsoft.com/family
    to see Google Chrome is added to restricted applications.

If you're already an adult in your family settings, we suggest removing your account from your family settings and see if you will be able to access Google Chrome. We also suggest creating a new Microsoft account, and then add that account to your family
    as an adult. These steps will allow us to verify if there is an issue with your family settings or if there is an issue with your original Microsoft account.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft Family blocking youtube and google

To help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue, we would like to know if you also experience the issue with other Google websites? (Gmail, Google Maps, etc.)

Kindly also try to use a new InPrivate window and try to visit YouTube and Google again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

We also suggest that you use the Feedback Hub to help us make Windows and Microsoft Family better. You can provide feedback about Microsoft Family by sharing your suggestions or problems.

You can access the Feedback Hub by clicking on Windows Feedback on the app list. You can also type
    Windows Feedback on Cortana.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Chrome vs Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Microsoft

2. Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Chrome Blocked by Microsoft Family: See image below. My daughter is an adult, but we created her account many years ago. She is no longer part of our "Microsoft Family" but cannot access chrome. We tried adding her back in to the family and granting permission. Nothing works. HELP! [ATTACH]...
  3. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome: How do I install Google Chrome to Windows 10 ........ So frustrating Thanks in advance for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/ca0c2f41-8815-48a2-af99-cd8e78184763
  4. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  5. Google Chrome and family features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome and family features.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  6. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...
  7. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome: when I open Google Chrome Email and click on an email, I get an error 301 message, not connected to Google. the site locks and I cannot proceed .How do I fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/7d52fcea-1081-4a10-9eab-27715f48cd9f
  8. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  9. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge vs. Google Chrome: Which web browser is faster?: Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge. It's got a lighter design, it's blazing fast and Cortana is baked right into it. Edge washes away everything we hated about Internet Explorer, but how does it compare to Google Chrome, the world's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome microsoft family