Windows 10: Google Chrome web browser has become spy software

Discus and support Google Chrome web browser has become spy software in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by PaulGo, Jun 30, 2019.

1. PaulGo Win User

Google Chrome web browser has become spy software

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...s-time-switch/

:)

PaulGo, Jun 30, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Google plans to launch its very own web-browser software in competition to Microsoft Internet Explorer called Google Chrome. The new browser according to entries at the official Google blog suggest the driving force behind the browser is to provide value-added features to its users, at the same time, help drive innovation on the web. It is claimed that the browser is tailored to give the most out of common tasks on the internet as a web-browser has become a very significant component of the connected PC.

The browser designed to be streamlined and simple for you to accomplish tasks quickly and easily by offering enhanced address-bar features and other elements that are very different from those on other browsers. The product will be open-source. Says the blog post "To most people, it isn't the browser that matters. It's only a tool to run the important stuff -- the pages, sites and applications that make up the web. Like the classic Google homepage, Google Chrome is clean and fast. It gets out of your way and gets you where you want to go."

Google released a comic book explaining its design approach towards the web-browser, it can be read here. Under the hood, Google claims the browser to have what it takes to run complex web-applications any by keeping each browser tab in its "sandbox", the probability of a web-application crash on one tab affecting other tabs is eradicated. A beta version of this browser software would be released in over 100 countries tomorrow, September the 2nd.

Google Chrome web browser has become spy software 49a_thm.jpg

Sources: The Wall Street Journal, Official Google Blog

btarunr, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Triprift Win User
    Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Heres an article i found featuring some screenshots looks ok

Latest Topics | ZDNet

Triprift, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

1. Google Chrome web browser has become spy software - Similar Threads - Google Chrome web

2. Clear browsing data on close" in Google Chrome Web Browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear browsing data on close" in Google Chrome Web Browser.: Hey Microsoft Community,This is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 - 22H2 OS with Google Chrome Web Browser. I am using the Latest Google Chrome Web Browser I.e. Version: 117.0.5938.63. In Microsoft Edge We Browser we have a option of "clear browsing data on close". Would...
  3. Clear browsing data on close" in Google Chrome Web Browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear browsing data on close" in Google Chrome Web Browser.: Hey Microsoft Community,This is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 - 22H2 OS with Google Chrome Web Browser. I am using the Latest Google Chrome Web Browser I.e. Version: 117.0.5938.63. In Microsoft Edge We Browser we have a option of "clear browsing data on close". Would...
  4. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Browser: Ever since Windows did an update, the Google Chrome browser stays at the top of my screen. I only want it pinned to the task bar at the bottom of my screen like I had it before. How do I get rid of the browser staying at the top of my screen?...
  5. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  6. Google Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome.System and everything is in English.Suddenly it turned like in Hebrew, I will explain:Searching for anything I get many answers, but the headings are on the right side, not on the left side as it was and should be.Text and everything...
  7. Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software"

in Windows 10 News
    Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software": Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software" Google's Chrome is essentially spy software according to Washington Post tech columnist Geoffrey Fowler, who spent a week analyzing the popular browser and concluded that it "looks a lot like surveillance software."...
  8. Google’s web browser has become spy software

in Windows 10 News
    Google’s web browser has become spy software: Goodbye, Chrome: Google’s web browser has become spy software Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser — in a single week. Here’s why Firefox is better. https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...=.b21682f96064 135779
  9. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  10. Google Chrome becomes slow after viewing web videos

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome becomes slow after viewing web videos: Each time i watch a video in Chrome the browser start to behave weird, if i am on the same tab as the video playback and i try to type a word to search or url in URL bar and press enter the browser's loading icon never stops spining and i must close that tab and create a new...