Windows 10: Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer

Discus and support Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi! I was using both Edge w/Chrome (where i have this extension as well) and Firefox...I've mentioned (and others agree) that Firefox's web page... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craig, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Craig Win User

Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer

Hi! I was using both Edge w/Chrome (where i have this extension as well) and Firefox...I've mentioned (and others agree) that Firefox's web page rendering is much better than Chrome's...Once the Google Chrome extension called "Font Rendering Enhancer" is added..What a difference...Than Chrome or Chrome Base browsers look as good as Firefox...

By better i mean that fonts on web pages have a darker and sharper look and even photos have a slightly richer look to them...

I downloaded the latest Chrome the other day and added the extension...It's fast, snappy and with the extension has the quality now....In fact, i started using it as my main browser *Smile

I was wondering if anyone else here has tried the extension on their Chrome (or Edge/wChrome) installation and what you think of it and if you haven't tried it, would suggest you do and report back...It's easy to remove if you decide you don't want it (takes about 30 sec to delete it)...

Be sure to refresh (go in and out) of your browser, after you install it, so that it will "kick in"....*Wink

When you go to the Chrome Extension Store, and do the search for it, there are two shown...it is the first one on the list...

:)

Craig, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 29, 2019
  3. How can I make Google Chrome's fonts darker/bolder?

I like to use both Chrome and Firefox, and I switch them out frequently, but when I switch to Chrome from Firefox I can't help but have eye strain. The fonts on Chrome compared to Firefox are night and day (at least to me). Is there a script, CSS, Styish, extension, or something I can use to simply darken/bold the fonts? I've tried this extension (among others I found) Font Rendering Enhancer - Chrome Web Store, but they have their issues. Like if you use emojis it make them black, and you can't see them. It could be because the extension was made years ago, and that's why I'm asking for help. I even tried the Flags setting for antialiasing mode, but it doesn't really help. See the screenshot below. How can I make Chrome's fonts dark/bold like Firefox?

Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer [​IMG]

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 29, 2019
  4. birdie Win User

Disabling web fonts in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

Some of us hate downloadable web fonts so here's how you can stop websites (including techpowerup) from forcing their glorious fonts down your throat.

1) Mozilla Firefox

Open about:config
    Set "gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled" to false.

2) Google Chrome
    Right Click Chrome's launcher icon, click "Properties".

At the end of the launcher string add the following:

" --disable-remote-fonts" (without quotes).

You're done.

birdie, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Chrome with Font Rendering Enhancer - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Font

2. Rendering lag and devtool chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rendering lag and devtool chrome: Have been dealing with slow rendering across the board especially on YouTube when scrolling down on the recommended videos the thumbnail renders out slowly and the lagging occurs while scrolling down.Have tried out all the traditional tips such as cleaning the cache,...
  3. Rendering lag and devtool chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rendering lag and devtool chrome: Have been dealing with slow rendering across the board especially on YouTube when scrolling down on the recommended videos the thumbnail renders out slowly and the lagging occurs while scrolling down.Have tried out all the traditional tips such as cleaning the cache,...
  4. MacType to enhance text rendering

in Windows 10 Customization
    MacType to enhance text rendering: Hello. Sorry for annoying you, but I have some questions to have MacType:1. Does it affect the ClearType and system's functionality?2. Does it tweak DLLs about text rendering?I need your answer because I'm almost installing and I'm stuck due to the questions mentioned...
  5. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  6. Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enhance Text Contrast to improve Font Rendering in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Do you need to improve the readability of your web pages? Any virtual document or site is more readable and gains more audience when it has a better color contrast. Microsoft Edge has come up with an innovative idea of manually fictionalizing the high contrast mode of...
  7. Font rendering...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font rendering...: Hey all. I spend the day working on my retina MacBook Pro after quite some time away working on Windows. My XPS has a 4k display and the fonts look horrendous. I mean, they are so thin and they truly disappear as they lack definition. I tried something called MacType which...
  8. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  9. google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  10. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675