Windows 10: Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore

Discus and support Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I used to restart/open up my computer, Google Chrome used to open automatically all the time with the url thing usually being the first thing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KateBrek, Oct 17, 2018.

1. KateBrek Win User

Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore

When I used to restart/open up my computer, Google Chrome used to open automatically all the time with the url thing usually being the first thing to open at the top of the screen. All my bookmarks and actual history was on there and I was very satisfied with it as it made things a lot easier for me. I'm not sure if it was some sort of extension and, whenever it glitched and closed suddenly, I was able to restore my tabs easily. Below is an image on Google of what it's usual appearance looked like in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore c347fe82-4b0b-48dd-8e08-7853fec8dc7f?upload=true.png

I recently tried clearing my storage on my laptop and randomly deleted things I didn't understand (bad idea on my end). After it closed suddenly, I restarted my computer only (to my despair) to find that it didn't open at all. I opened the Google Chrome app wondering if that would do anything just to see if I even still had my history only to see that it's history had only recorded things a few months back.

It would help me immensely if anyone could tell me how I might be able to get all of my stuff back. And, if not, at least help make sure it opens automatically again.

:)

KateBrek, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Chrome not even opening anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to open other browser like Internet explorer and Edge?
    This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings
    from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore

Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore

1. Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore - Similar Threads - Google Chrome Wont

2. why wont google chrome app open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    why wont google chrome app open: when i open google chrome a pop up said You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-google-chrome-app-open/91441244-5893-4a6c-87bc-79e333fe7445
  3. why wont google chrome app open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont google chrome app open: when i open google chrome a pop up said You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-google-chrome-app-open/91441244-5893-4a6c-87bc-79e333fe7445
  4. why wont google chrome app open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Google Chrome Wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome Wont open: I downloaded google chrome it worked for a few days then crash and now the it wont open at all. I press it and it appears to load but will not open. It wont open when trying to run as administrator and I cant uninstall it. It is saying it is still open somewhere....
  6. I can't open Google Chrome anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open Google Chrome anymore: I tried to open Google Chrome this afternoon, but it wouldn't open. It only opened to show my profile pic. I'm sorry, but I don't like Edge. Because I had to reset my Windows 10, I had to download Chrome last week. Now it won't open right. What can I do? And what's...
  7. Google Chrome wont open, wont uninstall after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome wont open, wont uninstall after reboot: I am unable to open Chrome from my desktop. I have tried to uninstall after a reboot, but it says I must close chrome pages first. I don't have any pages open at all. Using Windows 10. Asus laptop, 8 months old....
  8. Google Chrome doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome doesn't open anymore: Hi. I have a PC that runs Windows 10 When I click on the Google Chrome icon (in the taskbar) it doesn't open anymore. What happened? What I could try to fix this problem? Thanks...
  9. Google Chrome open unwanted website automatically.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome open unwanted website automatically.: Google Chrome open unwanted website automatically.. by a virus how to resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-open-unwanted-website-automatically/3bfb919b-96a7-454a-8d55-d3794d74b9a6
  10. Google Chrome open unwanted website automatically.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome open unwanted website automatically.: Google Chrome open unwanted website automatically.. by a virus how to resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_8/google-chrome-open-unwanted-website-automatically/3bfb919b-96a7-454a-8d55-d3794d74b9a6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome wont open anymore windows 10