Windows 10: google chrome wont respond

Discus and support google chrome wont respond in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Google chrome wont load now, comes up with 'not responding'. These last couple of days it was really, really slow and sometimes would come up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickibYL, Apr 29, 2019.

1. NickibYL Win User

google chrome wont respond

Google chrome wont load now, comes up with 'not responding'. These last couple of days it was really, really slow and sometimes would come up with that 'not responding' but then would correct itself but now it wont load at all and trying to navigate around any system on the laptop takes forever to load, what's gone wrong? I optimize the drives as C drive was 85pc so I switched to D drive since the beginning of the year. I download a lot, could this have crammed the C drive to maximum saturation and now its causing the laptop to go maddeningly slow, but would this affect GC 'not responding'? Please help. Im using IE to connect now. Thank you.

:)

NickibYL, Apr 29, 2019
  2. KDC_1963 Win User

Google Chrome not responding

Windows 10 loaded...Google Chrome not responding.

I have viewed all the posts and taken all the suggested actions but still it's not working.

What dramatic action do I have to take to sort this out?

KDC_1963, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 29, 2019
  4. google chrome wont respond

Google Chrome not responding? Windows 10

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Step 1: Place the computer in clean boot state to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 2: Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

google chrome wont respond

1. google chrome wont respond - Similar Threads - google chrome wont

2. Google chrome and other search engines not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome and other search engines not responding: A few days back when I opened Chrome it didn't load and showed a message that page is not responding, I tried other engines like mozilla, egde. All of them are showing the same message, that the page is not responding. I have already dissabled all add ons for engines. Still...
  3. Google Chrome wont uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome wont uninstall: I have windows 10 and I just recently added Google Chrome to my laptop, but ever since I added it whenever I go to launch it, it freezes up my computer and Chrome becomes unresponsive. I went to uninstall Chrome but it doesn't uninstall!! I've tried every way possible that...
  4. "google chrome not responding"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "google chrome not responding": Lenovo IdeaPad S340, in Windows I keep getting "Google chrome not responding" EVERY DAY. What do I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-not-responding/46fdd7a6-5904-4022-8d0f-ab87aaa5de6c
  5. How to Fix Google Chrome Not Responding in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Fix Google Chrome Not Responding in Windows: Obviously, Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers around the world. Although the majority of users express Google Chrome as a high-speed, stable, and reliable browser, it does not mean that Google Chrome will not go wrong under any circumstances. Sometimes it will...
  6. Google Chrome Wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome Wont open: I downloaded google chrome it worked for a few days then crash and now the it wont open at all. I press it and it appears to load but will not open. It wont open when trying to run as administrator and I cant uninstall it. It is saying it is still open somewhere....
  7. Google Chrome wont open, wont uninstall after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome wont open, wont uninstall after reboot: I am unable to open Chrome from my desktop. I have tried to uninstall after a reboot, but it says I must close chrome pages first. I don't have any pages open at all. Using Windows 10. Asus laptop, 8 months old....
  8. google chrome wont load /incompatabe program ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome wont load /incompatabe program ?: google chrome wont load displays :incompatable program how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-load-incompatabe-program/f0b70d98-5db3-4f7a-a956-d90e2d251f07
  9. Google Chrome does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome does not respond: This is a problem with Chrome Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit) running under Windows 10 64 bit. When I start Chrome, nothing happens. From time to time, a "page unresponsive" dialogue box appears. Chrome's task manager shows a CPU load of around 27%, but...
  10. Google chrome does not respond

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome does not respond: Chrome isn't responding to few websites. Window 10 x64bit Os Chrome version 57.0.2987.133. Java, Flash, shockwave installed and Is is clean installed. I could access chrome://plugins , chrome://flags page cannot be displayed is the error I get .. Please help any...