Windows 10: Google Chromecast "no devices found", and network settings cannot be changed to private.

Discus and support Google Chromecast "no devices found", and network settings cannot be changed to private. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About a month ago, my google chromecast stopped being discoverable. I have powercycled (turned it off and on) both it and the modem/router, and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sugarphix, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Sugarphix Win User

Google Chromecast "no devices found", and network settings cannot be changed to private.

About a month ago, my google chromecast stopped being discoverable. I have powercycled (turned it off and on) both it and the modem/router, and nothing has changed. The pictures from the internet show up on the tv that the chormecast device is plugged into, but neither of our laptops or phones can locate the device.

Of course google chrome's answer is that it's a problem with the network (which is working fine on all devices). However, in the trouble shooting guide, it says to make sure the internet network settings are set to private - which it's not. It's set to public, but there is no dropdown menu or typing field in which to change it to private. It says that you can also make it discoverable, but I can't seem to find where to do that either.

I'm running windows 10 on an HP lappy. Please help if you can. I have never changed the settings of my network, and chromecast has always worked on all of our devices. The chromecast was only bought a year ago. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Sugarphix, Feb 18, 2019

2. Google Chromecast Compatibility

Hi Raven,

We apologies for the misunderstanding about the Google Chrome cast device.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below to set up Chromecast and check if it helps.

Set Up Chromecast

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2998456?hl=en-CA

If you still face the issue you can contact the Chrome cast help Center at the link given below.

Welcome to the Chromecast Help Center

https://support.google.com/chromecast/?hl=en#

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Stud_1946 Win User

Google Chromecast "no devices found", and network settings cannot be changed to private.

How to change the network setting (Private, public, etc)

this answer from a different Microsoft page worked for me

Google Chromecast "no devices found", and network settings cannot be changed to private. [​IMG]
    Giridhar
    J
    replied on

• Microsoft

Accomplishments

• Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Stud_1946, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Chromecast "no devices found", and network settings cannot be changed to private. - Similar Threads - Google Chromecast devices

2. Device Encryption in settings cannot be found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption in settings cannot be found: I had device encryption enabled on both partitions in Windows home. I had to disable it to install ubuntu. I want to re-enable it now but I am able to find setting to do that. I checked Settings -> Update & Security but there is no Device encryption option there. I checked...
  3. Change network to private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change network to private: Hi, I desperately need some help. My pc is connected through an ethernet cable, and my network is set to public network. I cant for the life of me seem to set it to a private network. Ive looked for hours to find how to change it but it just wont work. In Advanced sharing...
  4. Edge and Google Chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Google Chromecast: When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as an option icon on Edge or programs appearing on Edge. I want this back or I will return to Chrome as my browser. How do I...
  5. Cannot change network from public to private

Cannot change network from public to private: hello greetings from cloudy Scotland! I would like to ask community for help with network policy. I want to keep all PCs in private net but every time I reset PCs network changes from private to public. I tried to change network from public to private using admin account...
  6. private network setting

private network setting: i can not open but i see my private folder on my network (i can open public folder only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/private-network-setting/8690d8e2-4dad-4da2-be83-4f06942f6eab
  7. Setting public to private networks

Setting public to private networks: I have a VPN for internet traffic which has a virtual adaptor, that is set to private. But the real adaptor is set to a public network and I want to set it to see other devices, therefore I want to change it to private how do I do this in build 1809? Winver says I have win...
  8. Cannot change network profile from Public to Private

Cannot change network profile from Public to Private: I have searched and seen numerous posts about the latest builds of Windows 10 removing the easy way to change your network profile from Public to Private, and vice versa. I have tried both the Powershell (Admin) method and the registry change method. With both, the changes do...
  9. Cannot get home network connection set to private!

Cannot get home network connection set to private!: I'm uncertain how long the connection to my home network has said it's 'public'. Thankfully, I can still get here on my laptop. However, my new RCA tablet/pc, which was running 8.1 (I upgraded to 10 out of the box), will not let me get to the internet (which is how I learned...
  10. Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....

in Windows 10 News
    Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....: Security vulnerabilities will make the Internet of Things unusable in real life, despite all its cool new features [img] Security researchers at Kaspersky have decided to have a look at IoT-enabled devices and their lack of security measures. The results of their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chromecast no devices found

2. google chromecast no device found

3. chromecast no devices found setup

4. google chromecast no devices found,
  5. no devices found chromecast setup,
  6. no devices found on chrome cast mraning,
  7. Unable to connect to Chrome cast no devices found,
  8. google.chrome no device found,
  9. chromecast no devices,
  10. google chromecast not found,
  11. chrome no deviices found,