Windows 10: Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps

Discus and support Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Both Microsoft and Google are working on new features to improve the web apps experience on Windows 10 and other desktop platforms. For those unaware,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 20, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps

Both Microsoft and Google are working on new features to improve the web apps experience on Windows 10 and other desktop platforms. For those unaware, PWAs or web apps are web pages that can be installed like native apps with support for offline viewing, push notifications, smooth scrolling, etc.

PWAs are designed for all form factors and they are fast too. In a future version of Chrome, Google is planning to introduce a new feature called “Desktop PWA Sub Apps”.

The feature is aimed at productivity suites, such as Google Office or Microsoft Office. For example, Office suite offers a wide range of features, such as email client, word editor, PowerPoint and Excel. This new PWA feature aims to improve the overall experience by allowing users to have each feature in its own standalone window.

In one example, Google explained that its proposed addition to Chrome will allow users to have each feature in its own standalone window. For example, if the app is “virtual desktop PWA”, users can open a word processing app in one window and a terminal in another video.

PWAs will run in their own window with dedicated process and presence on taskbar or dock.

“With a multi-icon PWA, the user can install once and then access launch icons for distinct functionality,” the company noted.

As per a post on the Chromium platform, Google has already started testing support for the feature via an experimental flag called “Sub Apps”, but it doesn’t seem to be working in the current Canary builds.

Other features coming to Google Chrome

In related news, Google recently confirmed that it’s exploring support for faster web browsing experience with a “back-forward cache” in Chrome. This feature will be offered with version 92 of Google Chrome on Windows, macOS, and Linux.

The browser already supports “back-forward cache”, but it’s currently disabled by default.

As the name suggests, the back-forward cache in Chrome aims to improve the user experience by caching the webpage after the user navigates away from it. For example, if you navigate away from Wikipedia to Bing/Google and press the back button, the navigation would be instant.

This works smoothly most of the time because Chrome keeps the page alive even after users have navigated away from it.

The post Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 20, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 20, 2021
  3. Apps and features shows google chrome as unavailable

Hi,

The reason some Apps got uninstalled while upgrading to Windows 10 is they might not be compatible to work with windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the browser from Programs and features and reinstall it from the website.

You can also uninstall the browser from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select uninstall
      and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Check the Also delete your browsing data box and then click the
      Uninstall button to remove Google Chrome from your computer. The process may take up to a minute.
    Try to download Google Chrome from the below link using Internet Explorer

Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google

If the issue still persists with Google Chrome, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer's website.

Refer:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

Write to us with the status of the
    issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, May 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS

Source: Google Workspace Updates: Improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS

Brink, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps - Similar Threads - Google Chrome’s feature

2. Windows 10 to get a new web apps feature in Chrome and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to get a new web apps feature in Chrome and Microsoft Edge: In 2020, Microsoft confirmed that it has been exploring support for protocol handlers for progressive web apps (PWAs) to improve the overall experience on Windows 10. The feature is currently available for testing behind an experimental flag “Desktop PWA URL handling” in all...
  3. Google Chrome web notifications not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome web notifications not working.: After an update a few months ago, the notifications for websites, like Google Calendar and Gmail do not work unless the tab is open. They do have permission to send notifications. I have tried restarting my computer several times, updating my drivers and checking for system...
  4. New improvements to layouts in Google Meet

in Windows 10 News
    New improvements to layouts in Google Meet: Quick launch summary We’re making some changes in Meet to ensure you can better see who, and what, you need to see in your meetings. We hope that these improvements help remote meetings feel more like in-person meetings. Tiled view with presentations We...
  5. Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features: If you’re using Google Chrome as your primary web browser on Windows 10, a new update is rolling out with several improvements. Google Chrome 78.0.3904.70 or newer comes with new customization abilities on the new tab page (NTP), and as well as a built-in password checkup...
  6. Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Improving Security and Privacy for Extensions in Google Chrome: No, Chrome isn’t killing ad blockers -- we’re making them safer Posted by Devlin Cronin, Chrome Extensions Team The Chrome Extensions ecosystem has seen incredible advancement, adoption, and growth since its launch over ten years ago. Extensions are a great way for users to...
  7. Google Chrome and family features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome and family features.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  8. Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users: We strive to ensure choice and transparency for all Chrome users as they browse the web. Part of this choice is the ability to use the hundreds of thousands of extensions available in the Chrome Web Store to customize the browsing experience in useful and...
  9. Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome improvements for a faster and more efficient web - Chrome 45: Speed is one of the founding principles of Chrome. As the web evolves and sites take advantage of increasing capabilities, Chrome’s performance—how fast pages load, how smooth scrolling is, how much memory is consumed, and how long your battery lasts—becomes even more...
  10. Google announces major improvements to Gmail on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces major improvements to Gmail on the web: Email is a necessity for most of us. We use it to stay in touch with colleagues and friends, keep up with the latest news, manage to-dos at home or at work—we just can’t live without it. Today we announced major improvements to Gmail on the web to help people be more...