Windows 10: Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds

Discus and support Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the latest build for Windows 10 Pro installed. I just downloaded virtualprintersetup.exe from the Google site. The driver fails to install, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by parent55, Aug 26, 2018.

1. parent55 Win User

Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds

I have the latest build for Windows 10 Pro installed. I just downloaded virtualprintersetup.exe from the Google site. The driver fails to install, no error code. I see other locked threads where this has been a problem in the past. How do I fix this installation problem?

:)

parent55, Aug 26, 2018

2. Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds

Here the same issue happens. Previous build of Windows 10 were without any problems to install google cloud print driver. After newest upgrade, not possible. any more. Solution needed.

Sava Jojic, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds

The link provided doesn't appear to pertain to this virtual printer installation issue.

"From which device are you unable to print."

The issue comes up on both my Gateway NE722 series laptop running Windows 10 Home and on my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 tablet running Windows 8.1 Enterprise but not on my Windows 7 netbook and towers. When I install Google Cloud Print Driver, I should have the
    option to select it as a printer named "Google Cloud Printer" in any application (such as MS Word; not just Chrome products) and then select the particular device I wish to print to in a subsequent pop up -- in my case typically a Brother DCP-L2540DW monochrome
    multi-function laser printer attached to one of my computers running Windows 7. The Google Cloud Driver works just fine when printing over the Internet from another Windows 7 Professional HP tower and Windows 7 Enterprise HP netbook in my classroom (as well
    as my Android cell phone), but will not install on those other two machines

"What changes are you referring to?"

Searching through the Web on this issue has revealed that full functionality has been available for both Windows 8.1 and 10 with prior builds.

My error message during attempted installation from Google (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/cloudprintdriver) on the Win8.1 machine is, "The installer encountered error 0x80070bcb. There are plenty of dead ends in searching on this error.

My error message during attempted installation tot he Win10 machine is "Installation failed. Please try again." I have also tried installing on this machine with the Win7 and Win8 installation emulation options available from within Win10.

Mark Grohman, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Daniel-16 Win User

Around Aug/Sept Microsoft rolled out a Win 10 build/update that included a modification to the Windows print spooler service, which in turn has caused install errors for the Google cloud print driver on Windows 10 devices with current Microsoft updates installed.

From Google's perspective, this service generates next to zero revenue so why dump resources to support it?

From Microsoft's perspective, (I'll be honest, not even going to attempt to see through those glasses) but the few seconds that I accidentally gazed into the sun resulted in less than positive insight. Don't hold your breathe for a Microsoft hotfix, unless
    of course you're Aquaman.

Is there a developer/coder in the house that has a little inspiration/motivation?

I'll donate to a Kickstarter...

Daniel-16, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Cloud Print Driver Not Installing on Latest Windows 10 Builds - Similar Threads - Google Cloud Print

2. How to install latest Windows 10 build on an older PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install latest Windows 10 build on an older PC.: After build 1607 Microsoft deprecated all driver signing methods other than the newest, introduced with Windows 8. Thus many drivers (especially for video) won't install on builds after 1607. If you use the driver setup, Windows lets it go through the motions but silently...
  3. Latest windows 10 Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest windows 10 Build: 12-17-2020 my computer did a download of Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build andSCREWED MY COMPUTER UP. BEWARE!!!!!! It has taken me most of TODAY to finally get my system to go back to the last build 1909.WHY?? Because the download had me running so...
  4. Problems with latest WIndows 10 Insider build installation

Problems with latest WIndows 10 Insider build installation: Hi, For the last couple of days my Windows 10 has been attempting to install the latest insider build. However, it gets to a point where the blue windows logo is showing, and a circle of dots which spins beneath it, then seems to just hang. I have been able to...
  5. Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020: Google has announced that Cloud Print, its cloud-based printing solution, is being retired at the end of next year. It's an early heads up, yes, but it's a necessary one. Cloud Print is pretty widely used. Google recommends that users of Cloud Print identify an alternative...
  6. Print Drivers will not install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print Drivers will not install: This may affect other drivers but I have only tried installing printers. The driver starts to install then rolls back. [4754:4D04][2019-11-11T13:42:44]i301: Applying execute package: UpdoxFaxSetup, action: Install, path: C:\ProgramData\Package...
  7. error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC

error message when trying to install google cloud print to PC: I get the following message when trying to install google cloud print to my windows PC: "the installer encountered and error 0x80070704; The specified port is unknown". Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you!...
  8. Cloud Print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloud Print: Hi, I do not to install my printer on my local PC/ Lappy. instead I want to print directly from my MD office or word directly to my printer using a cloud (like Google) Q2. I need to install my printer in MS cloud / One Drive Please guide me step by Step...
  9. Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Google Cloud Print on Win10: XPSSVCS.DLL is missing: Hello. I need to install Google Cloud Print in my computer, as it is the only way for me to share a printer on my network (it's a long story, but believe me). The installer debugs this error message: Code: [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(370)] Unable to open printer...
  10. Windows 10 TP Latest build install on an empty machine

Windows 10 TP Latest build install on an empty machine: Right, so I've got a laptop that I'm currently trying to install windows 10 tp onto. It's the exact same model as the one I'm running on (it's my brothers, and I'm trying to fix it for him), but I've hit a snag. The insider program website says that you can burn the .iso...