Windows 10: Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms

Discus and support Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Wednesday, February 27th, we reported two 0-day vulnerabilities — previously publicly-unknown vulnerabilities — one affecting Google Chrome and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms

Source: Google Online Security Blog: Disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms

:)

Brink, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Google Disclosing Windows 10 vulnerabilities to protect users

In Edge

Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms [​IMG]

More settings for Flash Player can be found in Control Panel:

Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms [​IMG]

Cliff S, Mar 8, 2019
  3. dmex Win User

If the vulnerability is "particularly serious" then how about identifying the software that's exploiting this 'vulnerability'? Stating that "we know it is being actively exploited" without identifying the malicious software is highly dubious and can't be taken seriously.

All this does is prevent administrators and users from checking their networks and machines for that software, allowing it to continue exploiting their networks and machines while also preventing security companies from creating signatures for that malicious software.

Considering all they've done is disclose the vulnerability without also disclosing the software that they "know" is actively exploiting the vulnerability makes "Google Disclosing Windows 10 vulnerabilities to protect users" nothing but a sad sick joke.

dmex, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

I have that on my Insider Pro version. On my RTM Pro version I only have Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.

Winuser, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms - Similar Threads - Google disclosing vulnerabilities

2. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms#2 All Platforms: why WHY WHY WHY, this I going on for last 2 years now more on msn.com than anywhere.png viruses or jpegs something happening.Does it in android does it windows 10 and 11 does it on iOS and macOS.flaw somewhere in videos on msn.17/11/22...
  3. Using paid apps across platforms.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using paid apps across platforms.: So, my brother has a game on his computer. My computer is better than his, therefore he wants to use my computer. He has Minecraft and he wants to play it on my computer and play it on his Vr headset. We can't seem to find out on how to install it on my computer. He fully...
  4. security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question: Hello all, I recently asked a question about downloading the steam software and I got a pretty solid answer but wanted to continue the discussion. Anyways here I am being more specific. Does downloading the steam software, and any of the games on its platform, with...
  5. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome: Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below, we’ll start blocking "mixed content downloads" (non-HTTPS downloads started on secure pages). This move follows a plan we...
  6. Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Sync Issue Across All Platforms: So a couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC with a new motherboard and CPU and ever since I've been having problems with audio sync. Whenever I play video, over time, usually about 30 minutes to an hour, the audio will become noticeably out of sync. The audio always plays ahead of...
  7. Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web: One of the advantages of the web is that it allows developers to create any type of experience they can imagine, which has led to the rich diversity of content available on the web today. While most content producers are interested in providing excellent experiences for their...
  8. Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps & platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps & platforms: Overview Recently there has been a dramatic shift in the way users use their devices. Rather than substituting new devices, users are using additional form factors like phones and tablets, alongside their PCs; many consumers live in a heterogeneous environment (interact...
  9. Google Discloses Another Unpatched Windows Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Google Discloses Another Unpatched Windows Vulnerability: Google has published the details of another unpatched Windows security flaw, as per the company’s Project Zero program policy that discloses vulnerabilities still not fixed 90 days after the vendor is notified. This time, the vulnerability is a type confusion in a module...
  10. Google Disclosing Windows 10 vulnerabilities to protect users

in Windows 10 News
    Google Disclosing Windows 10 vulnerabilities to protect users: On Friday, October 21st, we reported 0-day vulnerabilities — previously publicly-unknown vulnerabilities — to Adobe and Microsoft. Adobe updated Flash on October 26th to address CVE-2016-7855; this update is available via Adobe's updater and Chrome auto-update. After 7...