Windows 10: Google docs - "error timed out" message

Discus and support Google docs - "error timed out" message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have 2 kids both using Surface Pro laptops on a daily basis and I have set-up child accounts for each of them to monitor their activity.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by max_233, Jun 3, 2020.

1. max_233 Win User

Google docs - "error timed out" message

Hi

I have 2 kids both using Surface Pro laptops on a daily basis and I have set-up child accounts for each of them to monitor their activity.

Recently they both have had intermittent issues trying to access "Google docs" where they get the "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" message. "This site cannot be reached". This issues impacts both my kids at the same time and also seems to resolve itself after a few hours.

They both get the issue at the same time. The Time Limits are set to 'OFF' for both at the moment. They were previously set to 'ON' and I thought this may be the issue which is why this has now been turned off. I also had an issue a few weeks ago where my son could not load Google Chrome even though it was not on the Blocked list but this has been resolved.

They still continue to get these intermittent issues with not being able to connect to Google Docs. I suspect it is something to do with the child account set-up and permissioning.

I have tried clearing the cache and browser history, including restarting the laptops, none of which have worked.

I even spoke to Microsoft Helpdesk but they could not help.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

thank you

:)

max_233, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Google docs - "error timed out" message

Incopatability with Google Docs

Hi Ba,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that Google Docs print option not working as expected.

Try with a different browser and check if it works.

It could be a browser or browser's settings issue.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Google docs - "error timed out" message

1. Google docs - "error timed out" message - Similar Threads - Google docs error

2. google doc login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google doc login: It seems my account has the wrong recovery number attached to it and therefore i cant connect to google docs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-doc-login/6b0dc63c-5a10-426d-937a-8908f6c8c87c
  3. google doc login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google doc login: It seems my account has the wrong recovery number attached to it and therefore i cant connect to google docs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-doc-login/6b0dc63c-5a10-426d-937a-8908f6c8c87c
  4. google doc login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bombed with Google Docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bombed with Google Docs: I just noticed that Sheets, Docs, GMail, Slides, and YouTube were all apps installed on my Windows 11 device - today. I never asked for them to be installed. Only other updates/installs today were MSFT Phone Link which I specifically called for and "Windows Package Manager...
  6. Bombed with Google Docs

Bombed with Google Docs: I just noticed that Sheets, Docs, GMail, Slides, and YouTube were all apps installed on my Windows 11 device - today. I never asked for them to be installed. Only other updates/installs today were MSFT Phone Link which I specifically called for and "Windows Package Manager...
  7. Google Docs Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Docs Issues: I will go onto Docs and a notification keeps popping up saying that their was a problem and I need to reload. I do this multiple times in a row, but it still won't stop popping up every 2 or so seconds. It will only give me access when I turn off my internet connection, be it...
  8. Google Docs Issues

Google Docs Issues: I will go onto Docs and a notification keeps popping up saying that their was a problem and I need to reload. I do this multiple times in a row, but it still won't stop popping up every 2 or so seconds. It will only give me access when I turn off my internet connection, be it...
  9. Google Drive & Docs question

Google Drive & Docs question: basically lm looking for a solution that allows me to edit text files, Google Docs seems to meet my requirements for being able to edit text files, but it dosnt copy those edits to the text files stored on my Drive, essentially l have two text files with notes etc that l want...
  10. Google Docs

Google Docs: Just curious. Does anyone here use Google Docs?? 121552