Windows 10: Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10?

Discus and support Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got this laptop about a month ago and lately a weird bug has been happening where Chrome will stop loading pages entirely. In that I can try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadowedlove97, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10?

I just got this laptop about a month ago and lately a weird bug has been happening where Chrome will stop loading pages entirely. In that I can try to load a website like Youtube, but it'll just...load forever and never get there. And then, after a while, the whole laptop will stop responding in that I can move my mouse but I can't open any applications or anything. If I leave it long enough, it'll say that the application is not responding (without specifying which) and asks if I want to end it. If I click the end program button...it does nothing. So at this point I'm forced to hard shut down my laptop.

I've come to the conclusion that this is due to this specific Chrome extension because I disabled all of my extensions and started slowly reintroducing them, and it only happened again today after turning on the Google Doc extension. But it's a really useful extension and this never happened on my Windows 7 when I did have that. So I'm wondering if maybe something is conflicting with it?

Basically anyone else have this experience, know if it's actually the extension or something else, and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/shadowedlove97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadowedlove97, Dec 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Internet Download Manager extension is flagged in Google Chrome.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Google Chrome icon (shortcut icon) and choose
      Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut tab.
    3. Copy and paste the following parameter in the text box across the
      Target field.

-enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Please refer picture below.

Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10? d43abd23-452a-4c3b-bdff-a225e56facea?upload=true.png

4. Then try adding the extension and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you post your query in

Google Chrome support Forums
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10?

Google chrome extension

Hello Matthew,

The Skype extension for Google Chrome allows you to use certain functionality of Skype while browsing the web with Google Chrome. With the Skype extension enabled, you can quickly access Skype for Web and Share on Skype through your browser as an example.

For more information regarding the Skype extension for Google Chrome, please visit:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34612/what-i...

I hope this helps, let us know if you require any further assistance. Thank you.

BravoMan21, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10?

1. Google Docs Offline Chrome Extension slows down and freezes Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Google Docs Offline

2. Google Chrome Freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Freezing: When I am navigating google maps If I walk away and come back sometimes Chrome is froze. I have to close chrome and reopen. Also YouTube videos if I pause the video and come back after screen goes off I have my monitor go off after 3 minutes. But it does not matter how long...
  3. Launch offline Chrome Extensions ( apps ) whilst offline

in Browsers and Email
    Launch offline Chrome Extensions ( apps ) whilst offline: I just installed an OFFLINE extension in Chrome, since it is an OFFLINE extension ( app ), one would expect to launch it whilst offline, but how ? At the moment, all Chrome Extensions requires Chrome Web Store to find it, then launch it even after installation. Can anyone...
  4. Google Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  5. Does chrome extensions slow down Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does chrome extensions slow down Edge?: Hello everyone Just looking for some suggestions I have downloaded the latest Edge 64bit today. I am curious to know whether extensions slow down the performance of the edge. I use extensity extension to disable some which are not needed always Please share your views...
  6. Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge: Hi! Does anyone know how to get extensions from Google (Save to Keep, Drive) working? I have no problems with other extensions but these keep asking me to log in and I already am. Message is: You must sign in to use the Google Keep Chrome Extension. submitted by...
  7. Manually installing Google chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Manually installing Google chrome extensions: If you activated the developer mode on Google Chrome and then change the file extension from .Crx to .zip you Could install an extension outside of the google store. With Google Chrome version 73 it appears you can’t do this anymore. Do you guys know if Google Chrome change...
  8. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  9. Install Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Install Extensions in Google Chrome How to Install Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize Google Chrome and add features and functionality by adding extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension to add it...
  10. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an extension to remove it from Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7,...