Windows 10: Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported

Discus and support Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After Google Meet and Google Doc, Google Drive is also marked as unsupported in Chromium-powered Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge uses Chromium that also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 10, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported

After Google Meet and Google Doc, Google Drive is also marked as unsupported in Chromium-powered Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge uses Chromium that also powers Google Chrome, but due to Google’s whitelisting policy, the new browser has been marked as unsupported.

If you access Google Drive in Microsoft Edge, you will receive an ‘unsupported browser; notification. There is also a link to the list of supported browsers. Although the page lists Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge as supported, the company hasn’t added support for Chromium Edge yet.

If you change the user-agent to any other web browser such as Google Chrome, the error goes away automatically. This could be due to Google’s user-agent sniffing on Google Drive.

Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported Drive-in-Edge-Canary.jpg

The same mistake happened a couple of days ago with two other Google services – Google Meet and Google Docs. For Google Meet unsupported message, the search engine giant said that Edge’s new string was not on the whitelist that the service uses.

In future, Google says it will add Edge’s new user-agent to the whitelist and the unsupported error message would go away.

The post Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 10, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, May 10, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge Book Marks

I like the Edge so far but I cannot get my book marks listed by name. When I imported they are really scrambled. Any suggestion?

George Mills, May 10, 2019
  4. Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported

Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported

1. Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported - Similar Threads - Google Drive marks

2. Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox: I want to use a new Edge version that is based on Chromium on my PC running Windows Sandbox.Is it possible? BIG thnx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromium-based-edge-in-windows-sandbox/e8162135-0cfb-4939-acdc-5128c86fa9cc
  3. Chromium based Edge seems buggy

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based Edge seems buggy: Has anyone downloaded the new Edge from Microsoft? It has been downloaded and installed on most of all of my family's PC's by me. But at times, it can seem really buggy. For example, I am a Verizon Wireless customer and when I log into the website at Verizon and X out of the...
  4. Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium: Hi all I am trying to install new edge based chromium browser but it throwing below error [img] Event Viewer [img] Windows version no. [img] I tried it on 4-5 systems. can any one please help me. 150874
  5. Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Install new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium: Hi all I am trying to install new edge based chromium browser but it throwing below error [img] Event Viewer [img] Windows version no. [img] I tried it on 4-5 systems. can any one please help me. 150874
  6. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge. Earlier today, users...
  7. Google denies blocking its app Meet on Chromium-based Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Google denies blocking its app Meet on Chromium-based Microsoft Edge: Google’s Chrome web browser has established a strong market dominance over other web browser and more and more developers are optimizing their websites for Chrome. Microsoft recently switched Edge’s backend to Chromium and many hoped this could improve overall compatibility...
  8. Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium-based Microsoft Edge to have built-in Microsoft Translator: Microsoft’s new Edge is now available for Windows 10 and while it comes with all important features, many functionalities that were promised are due to arrive. In addition to smooth scrolling, dark theme and other functionalities, the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser...
  9. Dev Tools in Chromium-Based Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dev Tools in Chromium-Based Edge?: Does anyone know if the developer tools in the new Chromium-based Edge are Edge’s tool or Chrome’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dev-tools-in-chromium-based-edge/bc0d878e-4d31-40ef-a861-98055bb0fd36
  10. Edge based on Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge based on Chromium?: When will Windows 10 have the Edge based on Chromium? Can users who are running the current builds of Win10 can at least test it or will we have to wait after a newer build will be released? 125918