Windows 10: Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10

Discus and support Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I uninstalled and reinstalled Google drive on Tuesday. The icon appeared in the notifications bar on the bottom right. The drive synced. It is Sunday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sustainalyst, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10

I uninstalled and reinstalled Google drive on Tuesday. The icon appeared in the notifications bar on the bottom right. The drive synced. It is Sunday now and the drive icon is gone and my files no longer sync.

I did as directed and the Show Desktop Icons is checked. I have also clicked on the little up arrow icon to show hidden icons and the Google drive icon is not there either. The issue is not the Google drive icon on the desktop, but the Google drive icon on the taskbar, down on the bottom right next to the WiFi symbol.

When I clicked on the Google drive shortcut on my actual Desktop and tried to change the icon, I receive an error message saying that the googledrivesync.exe file is missing.

As far as I know, this is the only issue that I am having.
    I can save documents to my hard drive on my computer. Once the google drive icon disappears on the taskbar, the ability to sync to online and to my other computer disappears.

:)

Sustainalyst, Feb 23, 2019

2. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10

1. Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Google Drive backup

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing: Hello, I've noticed that some of the icons on my Windows 10 taskbar have gone missing. Specifically, icons for certain apps are not showing up, even though the apps are still installed on my computer. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and checking the icon settings, but...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing: Hello, I've noticed that some of the icons on my Windows 10 taskbar have gone missing. Specifically, icons for certain apps are not showing up, even though the apps are still installed on my computer. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and checking the icon settings, but...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing: I added Google Drive to my windows explorer. I then proceeded to update some folder names and add some files inside that "attached" drive. When I went to look for the new folders and files via my phone hooked to my Google Drive, those new folders/files were not showing up....
  6. Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing

Google Drive on Windows Explorer no syncing: I added Google Drive to my windows explorer. I then proceeded to update some folder names and add some files inside that "attached" drive. When I went to look for the new folders and files via my phone hooked to my Google Drive, those new folders/files were not showing up....
  7. Ridiculous Google backup and sync times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ridiculous Google backup and sync times: So i got a new laptop and i wanted to back up my Google drive to it like i do on my desktop. Simple task, it's almost 300gb, but I'm on gigabit internet... Nope. I decided to make it easy and copy it directly from my desktop to my laptop then just sync it so it's all tied...
  8. Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?: So right now on my Surface laptop i have Google drive backup and sync installed. The problem is my laptop's storage is only 128gb and i'm about to upgrade my drive storage to 200gb to make room for my 150gb worth of files so all this can no longer be stored on my laptop. So...
  9. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync: Hello, I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house. It started around the April updates. All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot. I tried many methods (registry cleanup,...
  10. Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync

Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync: I have just installed Google Backup & Sync - the new replacement for Google Drive. In the drive I downloaded and installed the Cloud ePub Reader app. I now wish to uninstall this app but I cannot see any way of doing this. Does anyone know how to uninstall it? 92185

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup and sync icon missing

2. google sync icon missing

3. how to pin google drive to taskbar

4. google drive icon missing,
  5. i cant see google back up and sync in the task bar,
  6. backup and sync app icon,
  7. google sync in taskbar,
  8. backup and sync taskbar icon not working,
  9. missing google sync icon,
  10. back up & sync icon,
  11. The Google backup and Sync has gone from my taskbar 2019